Record Store Day: Black Friday 2013 Edition

Did anyone else manage to make it to their local indie record shop?  I was hoping to pick up the Dylan Sidetracks collection on vinyl andI  the Dead live show.  Neither of those were available, but the guys at the shop took my name and number and said they would get in touch if they get anymore in stock.  Still I mainaged to pick up some other nifty titles: 

Rolling Stones 'Got Live If You Want It' EP 

Blind Boys of Alabama/Jason Isbell & Paul White split single 

limited numbered single of Uncle Tupelo's 'I Wanna Be Your Dog/Commotion' single

Vince Guaraladi 'Linus & Lucy' single on gold vinyl

limited numbered vinyl with cd of Calexico's 'Spiritoso'.  The cd is fantastic by the way!

limited numbered vinyl of Harry Nilsson rarities lp drawn from the RCA box set collection.  

and not part of Record Store day but still a nice surprise to find used-The Faces Five Guys Walk Into A Bar.  I hadn't seen this around for a while and by the time I got into the Faces, I couldn't find the box set anymore, only the greatest hits cd.  plus the price wasn't too bad, 35 bucks

I had no idea about this Black Friday Record Store Day business, but I did go to a record store that day and got the mono pressing of Kind of Blue.   I also got Kashmere Stage Band Out of Gas but Still Burning. 

Apparently there weren't many interesting offers for this edition of RSD, in my opinion they should limit this thing to only once in a year. Stuff that was on sale for this past November was quite redundant and unnecessary, yet I still bought a copy of Ballad of Boogie Christ Act 2.

Act2_AlbumCover600-200x200.jpg