Oh gawd, its soo good!

Just ate lunch at an Israeli place....chicken shwarma, marinated red cabbage, Jerusalem salad, diced tomatos, carrot salad and humus, all on a bed of romaine lettuce topped with tahini and a wicked hot sauce. OH GAWD, ITS SOO GOOD!

Middle eastern food is so awesome. But can someone explain the differences between Israeli & Lebanese cuisine? I've eaten at places from each region and it seems nearly identical. I don't dare ask them, of course.

Yeah, I just keep my head down and order. You certainly dont want to appear to chose sides in the conflict.

Lammy, dinner is uncertain. I'm flying solo tonite so it could just be olives in my cocktails.

so everyone from the middle east is a terrorist?  way to go.

I'm glad you were able to read between the lines and get the jist of my message. Good job brutha!

• 2 months later...

My favorite way to trout fish is to bait a 50' trot line with red worms and then lay the trot line out in the stream for the evening. Next morning, with a little luck, you have a mess of good eating!

• 7 months later...

Lebanon is directly next door to Israel.  There is no real difference between them.  The Israelis borrowed middle eastern cuisine from the Arabs.  Maybe that's why they fight all the time.

LouieB

Lebanon is directly next door to Israel.  There is no real difference between them.  The Israelis borrowed middle eastern cuisine from the Arabs.  Maybe that's why they fight all the time.

My friend lived in a Palestinian village for a few years and once told me that the people in the region are always on edge because they consume massive quantities of nicotine and caffeine.