Is Chicago's Logan Square Neighborhood Now the Hipster Mecca of the Midwest?

Remember when Wicker Park was cool? Late 80s/early 90s North & Damen was happening. I remember seeing Tribe 8 (a radical lesbian punk band who played topless) in a private residence called "Milk of Burgandy" there. Me and my girlfriend almost ended up in a fight with this butch girl because we were fooling around and butch didnt like that. That was fun.

Sad to say, I have been in Logan Square twice in the last month or so.  Once for dinner at Lula Cafe (wait at Longman & Eagle was "3 hours" -- at some point don't you just say we're not taking any more reservations?)  and once to see Grand Budapest Hotel at the Logan Theater.  I am nobody's idea of a hipster though.

Remember when Wicker Park was cool? Late 80s/early 90s North & Damen was happening.

Bucktown around the same time. I met my wife in the early 90s at a bar in Bucktown -- Danny's.

Good times.

Logan Square is cool enough, but Wicker Park is still more fun to go to and just walk around.  There is way more action there than in Logan Square, which is very spread out. 

But I have to say that Logan Hardware has developed into a really great record store, although I was the only person in there late yesterday afternoon.

LouieB

I hope everyone isn't just posting here and not clicking on sfchi's link up there! Web traffic ain't gonna drive itself folks!

Busted!  (But I must say that I love the discussion and I don't make a single cent off my blog)