Thoughts on HOSPITALITY

So, Hospitality has been the opening act for the most recent run of Tweedy shows.  I unfortunately haven't been to any of these shows, but I've been a big fan of Hospitality since I heard their first record a couple years ago.  I'm interested in what those of you who have been to the shows thought of them.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2014/09/tweedy_played_b.html

Judging by the photos at this link, it looks like they're playing as a trio.  Usually they have a fourth member who primarily plays drums.  The drummer at these shows is the drummer on their records, but he plays lead guitar (though not exclusively) in concert when they have the fourth member.

EDIT:  Maybe this topic should go on the general music discussion.

i first saw them a couple of years ago opening for Wild Flag. dug 'em. got the new LP when it came out and some of it's really strong, but it kinda drags at the end. still, solid and worth hearing. saw them this year and liked it... the multi-instrumentalist you speak is really good at a lot of stuff.

Much of the second record is a pretty major departure from the first record.  I feel like they've gotten a little keyboardy for my tastes, and I agree that side 2 has some drag, particularly Last Words (despite having one of the best guitar solos I've heard in a while), which is their longest song, and is not a band composition. 

I still think they're a really good band with tons of potential, though.  If nothing else, the shift in sound from the first record to the second shows that they're willing to be expansive  It'll be fun to see what their next record is like. 

Saw them at the Athens show & I liked them just fine; I was really impressed with the drummer. Mrs. Moxiebean said the vocals reminded her of Clare Grogan from Altered Images.

They seem really good at what they do but for us they didn't have that special intangible "it".