Wawrinka really played the best through the tournament. Federer was really looking strong heading into QFs and Stan easily beat him...

Feel bad for Djokovich kind of...He finally beat Nadal on clay and then Murray...but probably underestimated Stan...

Grass season starts this week...

Camila giorgi already won today...

top 3 picks for wimbledon: nishikori, federer, and djokovich...

From: http://www.si.com/tennis/2015/06/08/novak-djokovic-french-open-roger-federer-rafael-nadal-grand-slams

Despite failing to win the French Open final on Sunday, top-ranked Novak Djokovic is still the most dominant player in men's tennis. Stan Wawrinka thoroughly dismantled the Serb at Roland Garros, winning 4–6, 6–4, 6–3, 6–4, but barring unforeseen circumstances, Djokovic will still likely be the favorite entering both Wimbledon and the U.S. Open. 

Djokovic, 28, is third among active players in terms of Grand Slam titles with eight, behind Roger Federer (17) and Rafael Nadal (14). Djokovic is in just his 13th season as a professional, while Federer is in his 18th year and Nadal is in his 15th

But how does Djokovic's Grand Slam success compare relatively to Federer and Nadal's? To determine how the Serb stacks up, we charted the pace at which each player has accumulated Grand Slam titles.

For the sake of parallelism, the graph stops at the French Open of each player's 13th professional season.

djokovic-federer-nadal-grand-slam-compar

Through the French Open of each player's first 13 years as a pro, Federer had accrued 16 Grand Slams and Nadal had won 12. Djokovic currently has eight. 

Unsurprisingly, the data shows that Djokovic has won a far lesser percentage of Grand Slams than Federer and Nadal had at similar points in their careers. Djokovic has played in 42 Grand Slams, winning 19% of them. 

While winning one out of every five Grand Slams entered puts Djokovic among the best ever, the fact that Federer and Nadal's rates of success dwarf Djokovic's at similar points in their careers underscore just how dominant Fed and Rafa have been. (Nadal has only played 41 Grand Slams in his career.) 

nadal-djokovic-federer-grand-slams_1.jpg

Federer had won 36% of his first 42 Grand Slam main draw entrees, while Nadal has won 34% of his 41 attempts.

Djokovic seems certain to continue gaining on Federer and Nadal's career totals. But the charts highlight Federer and Nadal's former preeminence, even compared to a dominant player like Novak Djokovic.

• 3 months later...

Hoping for Federer and Halep to win...

Today's semis were amazing on women's side...ok on mens side...

Panetta had a really impressive win over Kvitova. I wasn't too happy though as I had her and Azarenka as the best chances for beating Serena or at least providing a seriously tough match for Serena. I'm happy to see Serena win the calendar slam but I want her final match to be tough.

Halep Azarenka was really impressive. I really thought Azarenka was a better prior to the match, but Halep impressed me. I know she has beaten Serena before so it is possible for her to give Serena a tough match.

I like Serena and am quite honored to have seen her play in person many times. But, what I like more than the specific players is a good match. Serena is so much better than anyone else when she is "on," thereby rendering me to root for the underdog solely to get a good match. Azarenka nearly had her in Rome and Paris...oh well... I think the likely final of Serena Halep could be good...my guess - Serena over Halep 4 and 4....

Wawrinka beat Anderson. No surprises there. I find it odd that Andy Murray is still considered one of the "big 4" and Stan is not. He has a better record over the last 2 years and 2 GS victories...Murray has been struggling in the majors to reach even the semis. Stan looked really impressive against Anderson. Granted Anderson had his own personal US OPEN victory with the win over Murray but his inability to even try in the 3rd set was odd...

Federer again looked amazingly impressive against Gasquet. It wasn't much of a match. Federer was in control from the first ball toss. My objective side suggests that Federer will win the US OPEN based on his play this tournie but .... that is what i though going into the Wimbledon final...Who knows....I really want Fed to win this GS....

Regarding the mens draw....

Cilic scares me a bit as I want Federer to win the whole tournie. By scaring I mean that I think he could defeat djokovich. Djokovich has dropped some sets and hasn't look ephemeral in the way Federer has. Who knows. Djoker will likely win but still...Cilic seems to have supernatural US OPEN skill over the last 13 months....I have to think Djokovich will win but I certainly hope it will be 5 sets....

Stan Federer will be interesting. Stan at Paris was amazing. He beat everything tried to do. But, it was a slower surface. He had time to load his backhand while fed was at the net...hmmm.  roger has looked amazing through Cincinnati and Flushing - he as dropped only 2 serves...hard to believe...My guess is Federer will win this in 5 sets...

Final? I guess we are headed for another Djoko Fed finale...Unlike Wimbledon, however, I think Roger Federer will win his 18th major in 5 amazing sets...4-6 6-3 6-7 7-5 7-5...

Year end finals?  Predictions?