Wilco — 9/25/15, Bloomington, IN (IU Auditorium)

9 p.m.

EKG

9:02 p.m.

More...
Random Name Generator
The Joke Explained
You Satellite
Taste The Ceiling
Pickled Ginger
Where Do I Begin
Cold Slope>
King Of You
Magnetized

Either Way

Handshake Drugs

Art of Almost

Via Chicago

Hummingbird

Panthers

Box Full Of Letters

Heavy Metal Drummer

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Dawned On Me

Impossible Germany

Passenger Side

The Late Greats

---------------------------------

Airline To Heaven
----------------------------------
Misunderstood*
Bill Black Nova*
It's Jut That Simple* 
Jesus Etc.*
California Stars*
A Shot in the Arm*

11:17 p.m.

* — performed hootenanny style with Jeff and John on acoustic guitars, Nels on dobro, Glenn on percussion, Mikael on melodica/acoustic guitar and Pat on banjo/glockenspiel 

A wee recap...

The room was huge - really wide, and the balcony was WAY back, but the sound was great and the crowd was a good one.  Everyone on the main level stood the whole show that I could see.  My first time hearing Star Wars which was a real treat.  Jeff said nothing until after Magnetized, not even a hello. 

Before Box Full of Letters, he said that this song is from our first album.  Big cheer from the crowd.  Jeff gave a good laugh and said "Well you didn't like it THEN."

After Box, someone down front shouted out "MORE OF THAT".  Jeff replied "We don't have much more of that", to which the guy responded "THEN GET SOME".  To which Jeff flipped the guy off.  Not a lot of banter overall. 

William Tyler did indeed join for an extended version of Airline.  (His opening set got very little audience attention, btw... half the house lights were left on which felt strange and the few people who were there were chatting and ignoring most of it.  Too bad!).

Mikael had the upright piano for the hootenanny.  Pat alternated banjo and glockenspiel.

Highlight for me obviously was Bull Black Nova in the hootenanny encore.  The band looked to be having a good time.  Great to see Ditty, Mrs Ditty, and Sonicshoulder again.  The BBN signage was nearly confiscated by a rather peculiar security guy on the way in, but survived and was displayed prominently, along with a big THANK YOU sign right after BBN, which I thought inspired the crowd a bit there at the end.  :badger