Wilco - 2/3/16, Port Chester, NY, Capitol Theater (Night 2 of 2)

Printed setlist, from which I don't believe there were any deviations, except where noted at the end.

More...

Random Name Generator
The Joke Explained

You Satellite
Taste the Ceiling
PIckled Ginger
Where Do I Begin

Cold Slope

King of You

Magnetized
Handshake Drugs
Camera
I Am Trying to break Your Heart

Art of Almost

Via Chicago

Hummingbird
Heavy Metal Drummer
I'm the Man Who Loves You

Jesus, Etc.

Born Alone
Passenger Side

Impossible Germany
The Late Greats

Encore 1:
I'm A Wheel

Encore 2 (Acoustic):

The Thanks I Get
Misunderstood
War on War

I'm Always in Love

California Stars

(A Shot in the Arm was the last song on the printed setlist, but not played)

Much less banter from Jeff than usual, but there were a couple moments that others might chime in on with details.  One funny moment was when, I believe it was I'm Always in Love,  some (one or more) person(s) came in early at the end with a refrain and Jeff shook his head no, and then came in at the right time. LOL.

Thanks for sharing. Voice was gone after Late Greats so I had nothin for Thanks I Get. Was thankful to get it thou. Best of my 3 so far (VT & New Haven) for sure. Possibly the best IG I've seen live...& I've seen a bunch.

I'm a Wheel was perfect.

Peter Shapiro is a genius.

@parisisstale on Instagram for some Pat-centric pics/clips.

Anyone have any idea what the story was on the dude trying to set up a mike stand in the middle of the crowd in the middle of the set?  With a freaking bright flashlight?

Aside from that, awesome show.  I love this venue a bit more every time i go.  Having been to both of the Capitol Theatre shows and one of the Kings Theater shows, the Capitol felt much more intimate (it's quite a bit smaller) and the sound was much better.  The Kings Theater, while beautiful, is rather cavernous and noisey

Anyone have any idea what the story was on the dude trying to set up a mike stand in the middle of the crowd in the middle of the set?  With a freaking bright flashlight?

Aside from that, awesome show.  I love this venue a bit more every time i go.  Having been to both of the Capitol Theatre shows and one of the Kings Theater shows, the Capitol felt much more intimate (it's quite a bit smaller) and the sound was much better.  The Kings Theater, while beautiful, is rather cavernous and noisey

That was just bizarre, that dude missed all of Star Wars and then some, when he started setting up there we in the taping section just shook our heads and laughed but it's not really funny, dudes like that give tapers a bad name.  After he was told to move he came back to the taping section and tried to set up his gear right where the opening was to get in and out of the mixing area, when he was told he couldn't set up there either he started yelling at security and I was told the crew but I didn't see that part.  I understand stuff happens, but when I'm taping I show up EARLY to the show so I have time to set up and try not to be in anybodies way.

I was at Portchester Night 2 and Brooklyn Night 1 and I totally agree with you. I love the Capitol Theatre! I thought the Portchester show was great and am surprised there haven't been more posts on this thread.

At the Kings Theatre, I was seated toward the back of orchestra and felt kind of disconnected, not sure how else to describe it. And, sound was definitely not loud enough to drown out the talkers around me.

Bosco - thanks for taping :)

I was at Portchester Night 2 and Brooklyn Night 1 and I totally agree with you. I love the Capitol Theatre! I thought the Portchester show was great and am surprised there haven't been more posts on this thread.

At the Kings Theatre, I was seated toward the back of orchestra and felt kind of disconnected, not sure how else to describe it. And, sound was definitely not loud enough to drown out the talkers around me.

Bosco - thanks for taping :)

totally agree about feeling disconnected in Brooklyn compared to Port Chester.  Not sure if it was just the size difference, or the seats or the sound.  either way it really makes me appreciate The Capitol!

Staff at the Cap need some lessons in courtesy though. King's Theater crew were so nice and polite, clearly a well-run team. After the Cap show I went to use the restroom, and was told to go upstairs. I went upstairs and was sternly told to go downstairs. :jerkit  Turns out they wanted everyone to use the three single-stall restrooms in Garcia's bar. So the line was way-long. I've encountered less-than-pleasant staff before at the Cap, and stuff like that makes me not care to ever go there again, no matter how nice the room is.