Winterlude Roadcase

Can anyone attest to the sound quality of the Winterlude shows in the Roadcase? Not that I need more WIlco shows but I eyeball this every couple of months...love to have all those shows but quite honestly a couple of the Roadcase shows aren't much better sounding than your basic bootleg rip. Just curious if someone could rate the sound quality to the other Roadcase shows they might have. Don't mean to sound particular but $60 is a bit of an investment for a download...just want to make sure it sounds good. For instance the Rochester show  is far and above a better recording than the other Roadcase shows I own(maybe 6 or 8). Audiophiles can stay sitting on this one. I am not looking for a thesis on high fidelity, just pick one "sounds great, sounds good, sound o.k." 

Official VC Friend, I can say that I bought the Roadcase shows for last year's Solid Sound and was slightly pleased with them. They're never going to sound bombastic like a live recording, but always a little bit too smooth and "dead air"-ish.

As you probably recall, the 2nd Chicago show was broadcast on WXRT. And I think that the other 4 shows were recorded by fans & available for download in their typical locations around the net. All of those sounded great and I still listen to them. In no way would I want to "upgrade" to a Roadcase. I might have missed one due to it being on Dime A Dozen which I can never get into.

There's a soundboard of the final Chicago show that is on YouTube, but doesn't clarify if it's a Roadcase.

Look up

Wilco @ the Riv. 12/12/2014, via Chicago from Voodoo Loons.

I remember getting off on the wrong foot of these Roadcases when we got the DC 930 Club show free with the purchase of the Ashes Of American Flags DVD. It sounded flat or like they were playing a wake.

Funny, I was just listening to that Rochester show over the weekend, and yes it's quite good (even considering it's outdoors).

I have night 6 of the Winterlude shows from the roadcase, and I think it sounds great.  I'm probably biased on that one though.  VC-->BBN.  Hoo boy. :thumbup

Well, I have night 1 & 5 via Roadcase. Lol. I guess I don't know my own collection. The sound & levels are much better/higher than the 930 Club show. I'm listening to the 1st night in my car and it sounds great. I'm in a parked car, btw. So 3, 4, & 6 are audience recordings in my collection.