The short answer is post count. As you post more, you will acquire more pips (those little dots beneath your avatar) and at certain post counts you will upgrade to a new title.

You miss the Innocence? Well clearly you are no longer a newbie. Congratulations! :party

I should add that the occasional special titles some longterm members have are awarded by our staff in certain deserving examples. They are a sort of VC honor, and only rarely given. An example would be JHamm, who has shared so many Wilco and UT videos with many members here. His generosity resulted in the title, "Smoky Mountain Video Lord". (Hi JHamm! :wave)

I assumed it was post count or time on board....I was just being a smart ass. Scott is absolutely the coolest man in music. I was in Louisville to see Tweedy and Minus 5 in no particular order and I see Scott sitting at the bar across the street with a couple people. You'd have thought I was a 15 year old girl at a Beatles concert. I went fanboy for the first time in my life for a guy who was sitting unharassed  in a crowd of people literally across the street from the sold out venue he was playing a couple hours later. Scott says "nice hat. Damn, nice shirt". I asked for a picture and the guy with Scott offered to take it. I had to show him a few times how to take a picture with an iPhone which I thought was bizarre, I said thanks, he said enjoy the show and that's it. That night at the show I'm 7 rows back and the guy who couldn't figure out the iPhone has 3 huge cameras around his neck shooting the band. 

I assumed it was post count or time on board....I was just being a smart ass. Scott is absolutely the coolest man in music. I was in Louisville to see Tweedy and Minus 5 in no particular order and I see Scott sitting at the bar across the street with a couple people. You'd have thought I was a 15 year old girl at a Beatles concert. I went fanboy for the first time in my life for a guy who was sitting unharassed  in a crowd of people literally across the street from the sold out venue he was playing a couple hours later. Scott says "nice hat. Damn, nice shirt". I asked for a picture and the guy with Scott offered to take it. I had to show him a few times how to take a picture with an iPhone which I thought was bizarre, I said thanks, he said enjoy the show and that's it. That night at the show I'm 7 rows back and the guy who couldn't figure out the iPhone has 3 huge cameras around his neck shooting the band. 

What a great story! The 3-camera guy did alright with your iphone!

Not seeing Jesse H for a long time overhere,hope his health problems are over.Also havn't seen Solace for many a moon.

Greetz,"Secret Audio Man"

searching(250 made,no commercial issue me thinks):2ll0vo0.jpg

You have to be on twitter these days to catch Solace.  :thumbup