Wilco -- 12 November 2016 Milan, Italy (Fabrique)

I think the below is correct setlist from the show last night but might be missing one. Hoped bbop would be doing a report as they are great to read after seeing the show and savior like when not. Fabrique is a one level club with a couple of foot riser at mid floor. As to size it was sort of like Hammerstein or Terminal 5 in NYC but no upper levels and a bit narrower than the former and deeper than the latter. No poster being sold. Not well organized in somewhat typical/comical Milanese fashion as two lines one for tix holders and one for will call but they switched which was which 30 minutes before doors and then had it wrong when doors opened with Songkick will call back where tix holder line was and ticketsone will call at the other.

I recall Bowie/Matheny This is Not America played over PA a bit before the show started. From prior bbop reports the Jeff comments were very similar in appreciating being able to play music and being overseas, we outnumber them, apologetic about a catastrophic outcome and that Americans would make it up to the world at some point. Very heartfelt commentary and then looked to the positive side rightly so that we have to not sit back and hope leaders/others would do the right thing -- that everyone has to repurpose themselves and take responsibility more personally and directly for protecting the weakest in society and the environment. Jeff's poignant thoughts will hopefully be the result of current protests which remind me of Mr. Strummer The fury of the hour anger can be power if you know that you can use it. After a bit of venting, folks have to harness the frustration and anger toward the greater good (easier said than done).

I thought the show reflected the somber undercurrent a bit and so a less joyous feel at times (or just me) and at times fierce like diring Impossible Germany and Spiders --Jeff not taking any apathy and singing the guitar part until the crowd was loud enough.I really felt his emotion during Reservations in light of the new ones so many of us are feeling. I dont recall any particular banter other than when encouraging the person with a large Airline to Heaven sign to put it down so it would not block anyone's view and that he had made a mental note of the request (alas, it was not to be). Spiritually fulfilling show and William Tyler did a nice set but no reprise of his duties on Cali Stars).

Ashes of American Flags

Normal American Kids

If I Ever Was A Child

Cry All Day

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart>

Art Of Almost

Pickled Ginger

Misunderstood

Someone To Lose

Via Chicago

Reservations

Impossible Germany

Jesus, etc.

Aren't The World (Safety Girl)

Locator

Box Full of Letters

Heavy Metal Drummer>

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Hummingbird

The Late Greats

-------------------------------------

Random Name Generator

Spiders (Kidsmoke) (electric)

--------------------------------------

California Stars

War on War

A Shot in the Arm

I think the below is correct setlist from the show last night but might be missing one. Hoped bbop would be doing a report as they are great to read after seeing the show and savior like when not.

Grazie mille for your report, and for your kind words about mine! I actually had a ticket for the show in Milano, but the travel was too difficult to go there for just one day and then back for the rest of the tour, so I decided unfortunately to not attend and stay in Utrecht for the massive record fair that they had there over the weekend (as well as the rest of the Le Guess Who festival, which is a very eclectic and enjoyable one).

So I'm glad to hear about what I missed in Milano. Sounds like it was a pretty good venue to see the band, though a bit unfortunate about the organization of the ticketholders in queue. Hopefully you were still able to get your preferred spot... :cheers