Just thought I'd say hey since I just signed up. 

So ... HEY.

About a year ago, after some soul-searching and a little bit of angst, I finally conceded to my innermost self that Led Zeppelin was no longer my favorite band. It is now and has been for years now, Wilco. 

I may need an intervention. I don't know. For the past couple of years my driving music has consisted of listening to Wilco's complete discography in chronological order again and again and again. I've recently discovered the Yacht Rock station on Pandora and that seems to have helped a bit at work, but in the car it's all Wilco all day.

It occurred to me earlier today that maybe there's a fan forum for this great band. Then it occurred to me that there might be several fan forums. This is the first one that popped up in my Google search that seemed pretty legit, so here I am.

I'm from Champaign. Graduated from Urbana High School. One of Jay Bennett's old bands, Titanic Love Affair, played at my senior prom's post prom party. Bought my first drumset from TLA's drummer. They were all ... acquaintances, I guess. The last time I saw Jay was at a gas station in Champaign shortly after he joined Wilco. I was pretty impressed with A.M. and was excited for Jay. A year or so later I found out I was gonna be a dad and my priorities and interests changed and I forgot about Jay Bennett and Wilco until I learned of his passing in ... 2009, I think? It occurred to me that I should listen to Wilco again to see if I liked any of their music as much as I liked A.M. The first album I listened to after A.M. was Sky Blue Sky. I loved it. Then A Ghost is Born. The Kicking Television and eventually YHF, which I initially didn't like at all. Eventually I got around to listening to the rest of the discography and ended up anticipating new releases. Anyway ... there's a very condensed history of my fascination with the world's best band.

My main motivation for joining is so that I can maybe learn about upcoming tours or tour rumors. I'm bummed they haven't toured in 2018. I see that Solid Sound is back on for 2019. Any idea if there will be a tour? Or maybe some shows in Chicago?

Welcome!

As for an upcoming tour, it is looking more and more like there will be little if any live Wilco until around the time of the Solid Sound festival in June. They do have what appears to be a date in northern Spain in June, before SS. If past years are any guide, there will likely be some dates before SS, maybe May/June, then some touring after the festival. I am guessing/hoping for a great deal of touring next summer/fall, probably in the 3 weeks on the road, a few weeks off vein that they have embraced in the past few years. I would bet a Chicago show will get in there somewhere.

If you look at the thread "A Wilco Related Live Show" in the Just a Fan forum, that can help you read the tea leaves for the timing of possible upcoming Wilco shows. Based on that, it does not look like Wilco will be touring any time before mid-March at the earliest.