RIP Eddie Money

His real last name was Mahoney.

A friend of mine told this story about Eddie Money from the mid 1980s. Per the story, Eddie Money had a house in Malibu and held frequent parties with individuals that clearly were there for his wealth and status. At one of these events, per the story from my friend, Eddie Money took one too many Quaaludes and could barely move or converse - but he was conscious. As the party attendees noticed his incapacitated state, per the story from my friend, many proceeded to loot his belongings. At one point, supposedly, Eddie Money fell to the ground attempting to protest. While laying on ground and protesting, the looters simply stepped over his prone body while stealing his furniture, dishes, cutlery, clothes, towels, etc.

If true, what a sad story...

His real last name was Mahoney.

A friend of mine told this story about Eddie Money from the mid 1980s. Per the story, Eddie Money had a house in Malibu and held frequent parties with individuals that clearly were there for his wealth and status. At one of these events, per the story from my friend, Eddie Money took one too many Quaaludes and could barely move or converse - but he was conscious. As the party attendees noticed his incapacitated state, per the story from my friend, many proceeded to loot his belongings. At one point, supposedly, Eddie Money fell to the ground attempting to protest. While laying on ground and protesting, the looters simply stepped over his prone body while stealing his furniture, dishes, cutlery, clothes, towels, etc.

If true, what a sad story...

just read a story that around that time period eddie was the first rock star to accidentally OD on fenatyl. your story is a sad one. from most accounts, eddie was a pretty good guy.