Hold Me Anyway

Misunderstood

Encore:

Jesus, Etc

Red-Eyed and Blue

I Got You (At the End of the Century)

Outtasite (Outta Mind)

I'm a Wheel

Weird venue for them to be booked and a lot of empty seats. Crowd down by the stage was definitely into the show and the band played an excellent set. Was anyone else there?

Drove up from FLA ---Glad I Did! Great show--band playing well --enjoying themselves! Beautiful cool evening for the outdoor venue --which was built in the 1940's. Good sound,/ acoustics -deceptively -holds almost 7000 so it was pretty well attended even with all the empty seats. Jeff mentioned he remembered playing there before and someone said they opened for REM ---he kinda was definitely unsure about THAT or maybe it was the" opening act "  thing ----seems they played there twice in the late 90's    

Jeff mentioned he remembered playing there before and someone said they opened for REM ---he kinda was definitely unsure about THAT or maybe it was the" opening act "  thing ----seems they played there twice in the late 90's    

They played their SBS show there with Low opening.  It poured rain the whole time.  I'm surprised he didn't remember that. 

I was there.  I thought the band were terrific.   Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like they're using less gear on stage than ever before.  Massive guitar collection aside, they could haul their stage gear around in a van.  I like that they can cover so much sonic territory with a fairly small amount of equipment. 

A number of the songs seem to be pretty drastically rearranged since I last saw them (my last show was Star Wars tour, and before that was the An Evening With Wilco run).   The new arrangement of Reservations is gorgeous, for example, and there were some Glenn spotlight moments that seemed to be new additions. 

The new songs came across well on stage.  I think it's safe to say We Were Lucky is an instant classic concert staple.  

As for the venue....I like the setup.  It's comfortable and all the views are good.  The sound was surprisingly robust, which is not always the case here thanks to neighborhood restrictions.  But the crowd once again proved itself to be pretty awful.  The people directly next to and in front of me had loud, nonstop conversations for the entire show.  We had pretty good seats right behind the soundboard, but we relocated to a couple different areas hoping to find less chatter noise.  That was a failed mission.  Atlanta is already bad in that respect, but something about Chastain amplifies it (being in the middle of a wealthy neighborhood probably curses this venue with an audience with a sense of entitlement).  It's been this way at every show I've ever seen here. I've seen several performers comment on it from the stage.  I saw Neil Young abort a quiet song because the audience noise was distracting him.  

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like they're using less gear on stage than ever before.  Massive guitar collection aside, they could haul their stage gear around in a van.  I like that they can cover so much sonic territory with a fairly small amount of equipment. 

Funny you should mention that.

At the in-store performance they did at Grimey's in Nashville, they were all 6 crammed into a tiny platform maybe 12x8 feet? Small amps for Nels, Jeff, John, Pat... keys for Mike and Pat... small kit for Glenn. 2-3 guitars each for Nels and Jeff.  This was NOT a hootenanny setup.  Played 7-8 songs, mostly new ones.  All sounded just about like the full versions later that night, although Glenn clearly didn't have his full set of doodads ("accoutrements" per Jeff).

Jeff mentioned at one point in the set something like "If this is all it takes for us, we're gonna start touring in a VAN from now on!"

(and yes, the crew unloaded that batch of equipment from a van before the bus showed up....)

Funny you should mention that.

At the in-store performance they did at Grimey's in Nashville, they were all 6 crammed into a tiny platform maybe 12x8 feet? Small amps for Nels, Jeff, John, Pat... keys for Mike and Pat... small kit for Glenn. 2-3 guitars each for Nels and Jeff. This was NOT a hootenanny setup. Played 7-8 songs, mostly new ones. All sounded just about like the full versions later that night, although Glenn clearly didn't have his full set of doodads ("accoutrements" per Jeff).

Jeff mentioned at one point in the set something like "If this is all it takes for us, we're gonna start touring in a VAN from now on!"

(and yes, the crew unloaded that batch of equipment from a van before the bus showed up....)

Fairly certain it was their rehearsal room set up that they use prior to every show.