Dale Murphy discusses Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Long time lurker and Wilco fan....first time poster.

2 time baseball NL MVP (and should be Hall of Fame) Dale Murphy joined me on my podcast "Records Revisited" to talk about "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot."  The good news from this episode is my co-host Wayne has finally caught the vision of the brilliance of Wilco.  I've been politely promoting Wilco for years to him and this deep dive may have swayed him.

Dale shares a really cool experience of writing a blog post about his Wilco and Beatles playlist culminating with meeting the band.  Hope you all check it out.  You can find the podcast pretty much on all the major podcast platforms.  Enjoy!

Dale Murphy Promo.JPG

Thanks so much for sharing and for this particular episode. Dale Murphy was my boyhood hero. I discovered him, the Atlanta Braves, and baseball when my family got cable in 1982. I've had the pleasure of meeting him several times, and he's such a great, genuine guy. On the last occasion I had to meet him, I started our conversation by asking him to name his favorite Wilco album. He was so surprised and delighted by my question that we talked for about ten minutes about music. This episode was a real treat. Listening to my sports idol thoughtfully break down an album by one of my all-time favorite bands (and getting to know a side of my sports idol I never knew existed until recent years) was time very well spent. A fantastic listen.  

I remember when I got Dale's rookie card in the early 80s. It's still sits in a hard plastic case. One of my all time favorite players, too --- it helped that the Braves were on TBS, so I was able to catch a lot of their games on cable from Chicago.

Need to check out the podcast.