So Who Else Has Major Election Dread?

We are living in insane times, and we all know it. I have voted my conscience and I hope the rest of you have too, by now. Wilco fans tend to be socially & politically involved so you've likely voted by now if your state allows it.

How are we all handling the existential dread of this election? I'm pretty sure it's not just me. :unsure These are such dangerous times. But like Beto said, "We've got to try". The world is turning fascist and monopolistic around us and it feels overwhelming but...we've GOT to try to resist. Fascism is not what our founding fathers were after. In fact, these were exactly the sort of monsters they were trying to prevent.

I hope November 8th will bring good news. If you haven't already, please, please vote. It does matter. :thumbup

• Like 2

Things are bad everywhere. I think there's going to be trouble regardless of how the actual vote goes. Here's a wild one: in England the cost of power has gone out of control. It's so bad that the prostitutes (illegal) are demanding assistance because men don't have enough money to be "serviced"  due to the high cost of heat & power.

• Confused 2

This election night is bringing all of the joy and terror of 2016. I feel sick but I want to check the news. How are you faring in your location?

It's 11:20 PST on election day, and it seems to be a very mixed bag. At least Fetterman appears to be winning.

Please, can we get some humanity back into politics, rather than pure thuggery?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, chuckrh said:

Washington turned out OK especially considering the huge money the GOP dumped into the campaign. Fingers crossed for the rest of the country. I can't believe that Herschel Walker has run as high as he has.

You and me both!

• Like 1