How Are You Weathering These Times?

The world is so different lately from almost anything you might call "normal". A LOT of struggling going on. :unsure

I hope my beloved friends & fellow Wilco fans are alright, muddling through, but I feel like there's absolutely NO shame in if that isn't the case. Jeebus, times're tough. We are all tasked with holding it together in a world that's insane. Is this how it felt for my dad in 1943?

My point being, how's it going? How are you, personally? I'm okay. Trying to get my garden in the ground early after a couple summers of my gardens frying in insane 116 degree temps. Not normal, thanks, climate change. :brow

Politics are horrible. So much wrongheadedness and wasted time at a pivotal time in history! SO Frustrating!

Covid isn't over, so that caution governs my life still.

I'm so goddam tired just persevering. 

Anyway, I'm pretty good, given our circumstances, but I'd love to hear how the rest of you are faring. We don't live in an easy world.

Let's talk about it. How're you all dealing?

Bad day for this question. Just started another round of chemo on Thursday. It's really nasty stuff. Will have another 4+ hour IV in 2 weeks then none for 4 months. Questionable if it's working at this point. As a bonus it's putting me into the poor house due to our fine medical insurance system. I'm running out of fight & am trying to figure out if  it's worth trying. Sorry to be Dougie Downer. I'm not in a good place right now. Hope everyone else is doing better than that.

• Sad 3
6 hours ago, chuckrh said:

Bad day for this question. Just started another round of chemo on Thursday. It's really nasty stuff. Will have another 4+ hour IV in 2 weeks then none for 4 months. Questionable if it's working at this point. As a bonus it's putting me into the poor house due to our fine medical insurance system. I'm running out of fight & am trying to figure out if  it's worth trying. Sorry to be Dougie Downer. I'm not in a good place right now. Hope everyone else is doing better than that.

Oh jeez, Chuck, I'm so sorry you're having such a rough go of it! The American medical system is a crock. I can't believe we haven't done anything to correct the situation. You are far from alone. I hope the chemo has good effects. Be very gentle with yourself, and don't put any demands on yourself other than to rest and heal. Nothing else is important right now. We love you!

• Like 3

Sorry to hear, @chuckrh.  I understand what you’re going through regarding health insurance now that I’m on Obamacare after a lifetime of employment based insurance.  It’s insane.  Hang in there.  As long as the chemo is helping you feel better it is probably worth it.

I’m doing okay, but inflation is absolutely killing me now that I’m no longer working.  I can no longer afford to do many things I expected to spend a lot of time doing when I retired 18 months ago.  Oh well.  

• Like 3