Jeff Tweedy — 19 July 2023, Salina, KS (Stiefel Theatre)

Once again, don't really have time right now to get into the nitty gritty (or lack thereof) in tonight's show, but suffice it to say Jeff seemed to be enjoying himself and in pretty casual mode overall as he performed to a decent-sized, but not sold-out crowd at the quaint Stiefel Theatre in downtown Salina. For one night, Jeff didn't even mention his hip trouble, laughed at himself on more than one occasion when he struggled through the chords on Kamera and generally had a good time bantering with the receptive audience.

More when I get a chance, but I should note that this will presumably — barring any other show announcements — be the last time I'll get to see Jeff perform solo this year, which makes me a little sad. I'll have to rely on the reports of others for this final week of solo touring out West, so please don't hesitate to chime in if you're going to a show.

For now, here was the complete setlist as played in Salina:

Remember The Mountain Bed

Via Chicago (w/harmonica)

Story To Tell

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Box Full Of Letters ("waltz" version)

Ambulance

I'm Kind Of In Love With You

Guaranteed

Jesus, etc.

Country Song Upside Down

Hummingbird

Evergreen

You And I

Dawned On Me

New Madrid

Having Been Is No Way To Be

Gwendolyn

Kamera

I Am My Mother

You Are Not Alone

I'm The Man Who Loves You

California Stars

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the reporting, Paul! Almost made the trek to this one and will be heading to the Wichita Wilco show in a couple months (a show which is back to publicly announced now that Jeff/Wilco are over the radius clause issue because of this show!). 

• Thanks 1