JCamp Has Left the Building

With the deepest sadness, I have to announce that our beloved longtime member, Joe Campbell (JCamp) has died. He left us on Christmas Eve. I'm choosing to hold him in my heart as, simply, having "left the building". I don't believe the love and kindness he exuded could just disappear. It's all energy. So Joe is still out there with his big heart and his warm, wide grin, just looking for a good venue. 

Joe, you always did love travel. Wherever you're off to now, I hope it's a wonderful journey. You deserve that. Bye until we meet again. Love, Donna

• Sad 5

Many have wondered at the suddenness of Joe's passing. The sequence of events was that Joe had developed a massive infection in his leg, possibly related to a bowel breakage. (Autopsy will be done). There was consideration of amputation of the leg but by then the infection was overwhelming his system, and he died. It all happened with stunning rapidity.

The only blessings in this are that when Joe first got to the hospital it had become obvious that surgery of some kind would be needed, and so Joe was sedated and comfortable; in no pain. When his situation was cascading downward, he was in no pain, sedated, and he died peacefully. His family was close.

• Thanks 4

For all of Joe's friends:

A Celebration of Life will be held on January 27th, beginning at 7 p.m. All of Joe's friends are invited to come and share stories and music and memories. It will be at

The Windsor Tavern & Grill

4530 North Milwaukee Ave.

Chicago IL 60630

January 27th, beginning at 7 p.m.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...