I have never been to a show with so few people. I realize it was a Sunday night and Chris didn't come on until 11:30pm, but come on, the guy is amazing and he has like 6 records out. Anyway, counting the opening band who drank a few beers during his set, there were 12 people at the Entry for the show. Chris asked if there was anyone there he didn't know and then someone suggested he dedicate each song to someone there by first name. Chris joked that it would be a pretty short show if he did that! He played alot of stuff off his newest album (which I don't have) and anly a few songs off the two I do (Kiss It Goodbye and Silver Lining), but it all sounded great. He played several new, untitled songs that he is working on and he also played a childern's song called "I Wish I was a Bomb." :lol

I think my wife and I were the only people in the joint that Chris didn't know and after the show he came up to us and thanked us for sticking around. I asked him if this if common and he said that unfortunately it was more common then he likes to admit. He was a very nice guy and a great musician to boot. If he is playing near you I highly recommend him. He is well worth the $7!

Chris Mills is great. The Wall to Wall Sessions is short wonderful album with a big band that to my mind beat the crap out of Illinoise. Chris will never get the recognition he should get, but he keeps going none the less. Sadly someday the guy will have to quit the music business and get a day job, because I can't imagine he can keep playing to no people and selling most of his albums himself at his shows.

LouieB

the new album is really great, you should definitely pick up a copy.

was he there solo, or with the full band?

He was solo. We felt kind of bad for him, but we were glad he continued on and gave us a great show. He is an amazing guitar player and has a beautiful voice.

That is a damn shame because he is really great and deserves to play to decent crowds. I have seen him 7 or 8 times in Ireland and he always pulls in at least 150 or so.

He got a great response from the Madison crowd when he opened for Aimeee Mann on 6/24. He definitely deserves more attention and respect. Have you ever seen anyone more clearly delighted to be performing, regardless of the crowd size?

He got a great response from the Madison crowd when he opened for Aimeee Mann on 6/24. He definitely deserves more attention and respect. Have you ever seen anyone more clearly delighted to be performing, regardless of the crowd size?

Mark Olson springs to mind when you say that. I once saw him and there was 15 people in the "crowd". Still put on a great show.

That is the truth. My wife even commented during the show that she liked the way he smiled as he sung. Again, if you get the chance to see him I ighly recommend it - and if you go and there are only 12 people, tell Chris that the couple he talked to in Minneapolis sent you!! Here is Chris' remaining schedule:

Aug 10 Washington, DC - DC 9 Hotel Lights

Aug 11 Mt Pleasant, SC - Village Tavern with Local Artists

Aug 12 Charlotte, NC - Evening Muse with Hotel Lights

Aug 13 Raleigh, NC - Pour House Music Hall with Hotel Lights

Aug 14 Knoxville, TN - Barley's Taproom with Hotel Lights

Aug 15 Birmingham, AL - The Nick with Hotel Lights

Aug 16 Nashville, TN - Springwater with Hotel Lights

Aug 17 Detroit, MI - The Lager with House Bishop Allen and Hotel Lights

Aug 19 Milwaukee, WI - Mad Planet with Bishop Allen

Aug 20 Cleveland, OH - Beachland Tavern with Bishop Allen

Aug 22 Cambridge, MA - Middle East - Upstairs with Bishop Allen

Aug 23 New Haven, CT - Cafe Nine with Bishop Allen