• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

allison is bringing a friend of hers who's only 20...
Yea, I know, but I don't know about him either....this could get kind of weird...

At least you are with your parent....

LouieB

If you get there before the bouncer does (8:30ish, from memory), this won't be an issue.
Yea, I thought about that. Usually I get there about 9:30 and he is not there yet, so I think we may be okay. If not, well, so it goes...

LouieB

holy shit, that was good. we gotta go back sometime when nobody has to work on Wednesday. the old fella I was talking to before we left, told me that they go on til about 3:15.

man, that was great. Jeff, thanks for the ride, and Lou, thanks for the tip.

holy shit, that was good. we gotta go back sometime when nobody has to work on Wednesday. the old fella I was talking to before we left, told me that they go on til about 3:15.

man, that was great. Jeff, thanks for the ride, and Lou, thanks for the tip.

Yeah, it just started getting *really* good when we left, too. I'm glad we left when we did, though, because I am exhausted today. Another two hours of that would've killed me.

I'm down for whenever you want to go again. Next time, though, I'm taking a sick day on Wednesday.

And that was great when Kris got a round of applause when Von announced that it was his first time at the New Apartment.

Yeah, it just started getting *really* good when we left, too. I'm glad we left when we did, though, because I am exhausted today. Another two hours of that would've killed me.

I'm down for whenever you want to go again. Next time, though, I'm taking a sick day on Wednesday.

And that was great when Kris got a round of applause when Von announced that it was his first time at the New Apartment.

Great that Kris got some recognition, since Rosie got called up for having seen Von when she was 2. I thought it was a pretty cool night. Von played and hour and a half straight with his band and then the singers were starting. I have only lasted until after one when some of the jamming starts, but I sure would like to make it to the bitter end some night. The night was fairly light on audience, but the fact that Von came in early and sat with us for an hour at the bar was the highlight for me, chatting about jazz and assorted bullshit really was fun. This guy is 84 and won't be around forever. When he is gone the scene will go with him. Weezer seemed in a particulary good mood and no one seemed concerned about Rosie's underage status. But Von loved the fact that she had been to seem him as a toddler.

My press conference today was good, but I sure was tired. Just as an aside to Deni who is no longer with us; as we were leaving the doorman asked how far away our car was parked, so apparently things can still get dicey in that part of the neighborhood at 1 in the morning.

When is our next time??? Maybe in September???

LouieB

For those who missed Von last Tuesday because it was too late or too far or some other reason (which I won't mention...), Von is playing at the Pritzger Pavillion in Millenium Park this Thursday for free. Check it out on the big stage...

LouieB

For those who missed Von last Tuesday because it was too late or too far or some other reason (which I won't mention...), Von is playing at the Pritzger Pavillion in Millenium Park this Thursday for free. Check it out on the big stage...

LouieB

:blush

day before lolla!!!!