July 16 Show at Pines Theatre in Florence, MA

I'm traveling from Atlanta this weekend to see the 7/16 show at the Pines Theatre in Florence, MA, and I just wondered if any knowledgeable VC-ers out there could give me some good suggestions on how to approach this show. I understand this is an outdoor, general admission venue, but I don't know much beyond that. Is there any seating? Do people bring in blankets and/or lawn chairs? How early do we need to arrive in order to get a decent spot up close to the stage?

Any hints and tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I don't know anything about the venue, but it's supposedly going to be freakishly hot (at least for me) -- in the mid-90s. Blech.

By the way, does anyone know where the will-call is at this venue?

Thanks.

Guest Jules
I'm traveling from Atlanta this weekend to see the 7/16 show at the Pines Theatre in Florence, MA, and I just wondered if any knowledgeable VC-ers out there could give me some good suggestions on how to approach this show. I understand this is an outdoor, general admission venue, but I don't know much beyond that. Is there any seating? Do people bring in blankets and/or lawn chairs? How early do we need to arrive in order to get a decent spot up close to the stage?

Any hints and tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

http://www.iheg.com/pines_theatre_main.asp

When I thought I was going to be in the area for this show, I found this site with some info on the venue. It's all I could find at the time.

Damn. I completely forgot this show started at 630pm.....because I have Will Call tix.

Anyways, I'm picking up friends for this show and not leaving my area until 6. Roughly 1.5 - 2 hour drive. Hopefully by 8 Wilco won't be on yet. But it'll cut it close.

Do you really think Wilco will come out between 745-800 to start the show? It will be light out and I don't know I think it's a tough call. I know with it being outdoors there has to be a sound curfew for a Sunday night. And if the M's do come on promptly at 630-715, they won't want to get the crowd anxious. I don't know I am just super nervous because I almost missed the beginning of the Wang Center show from 2004 when they came out really early at like 830.

Thoughts?

http://www.masslive.com/images/weblogs/sou...inestheater.jpg

There's a pic of the venue from Yahoo.com

Thanks

Kristofor

The Pines Will Call tixs are usually at a table next to the table before the venue's entrance. There is usually a long time for them for alot of people Will Call tickets because they don't mail out tickets. Parking at the place can be alittle tight. The place is small so if you want front and center i would recommend going a little early but since its small if you show up alittle later you can still get a good place to see.