anyone taping The M's?

hi-

1st time poster here. been a Wilco fan for a long time and i'm currently a big fan of the band that is doing some of the openign slots, The M's. they are a local Chicago group that i know was really excited to play these gigs. this is hopefully some nice exposure for them.

curious if any tapers for the pervious/reminaing shows on this tour have taped/plan to tape the M's set?

here's a link to a couple of free mp3's from a in-studio session of M's if you're curious what they sound like.

http://www.daytrotter.com/article/93/free-songs-ms

so if you have extra tape and are there early.....

I will probably be taping them at Lollapalooza.

let me know how that turns out, i'd love to hear it as i won't be able to make that show.

it's a special day for one of the band members so i'm expecting a short but tight set.

that will also be one of their last shows for a bit while they work on their next album.

hopefully some of The M's opening sets for Wilco turn up out there, these guys are one of the better young bands i'm into now along with Dr Dog who will be opening some shows this fall for the the Raconteurs.

let me know how that turns out, i'd love to hear it as i won't be able to make that show.

it's a special day for one of the band members so i'm expecting a short but tight set.

that will also be one of their last shows for a bit while they work on their next album.

hopefully some of The M's opening sets for Wilco turn up out there, these guys are one of the better young bands i'm into now along with Dr Dog who will be opening some shows this fall for the the Raconteurs.

I'm also a huge M's fan & would be interested in anybody's live recordings of them. :thumbup Got lots of other bands' stuff to trade.

They opened for Wilco in Poughkeepsie and kicked a fair amount of ass. As I recall, they sort of sounded like what a band spawned by Blur and Uncle Tupelo would sound like.

They opened for Wilco in Poughkeepsie and kicked a fair amount of ass. As I recall, they sort of sounded like what a band spawned by Blur and Uncle Tupelo would sound like.

That brings back excellent memories, Dan! So you caught that amazing show? Wish I had gotten the chance to meet you! :rock

We were there. That was before I even knew about a VC, though. Seen a lot of great shows at The Chance - The Replacements in 1987, Marillion, Jefferson Starship (with Papa John!). Great place for a rock band to play.

Dan, you missed the VC gathering at the Acropolis that night. :no A flashback to my college years! Although in my college years, the M's were never eating at a table across the way...

Dan, you missed the VC gathering at the Acropolis that night. :no A flashback to my college years! Although in my college years, the M's were never eating at a table across the way...

I been to that diner, fer sure. And oddly enough, somebody left a Vassar Class of 1986 10-year reunion mug in our laundry room last night as part of a tray full of free stuff.

Hee! That Wilco/M's show was the same weekend as my 15th reunion (nice timing, huh?), so my road-trip companions for the next few shows ended up getting gifts of Vassar Class of 1994 merchandise (I was Class of '89, but those '94ers were just plain sloppy about leaving their stuff lying around for the taking :ermm :lol ).

Hmm. The VC Class of 1995 mug is still in the laundry room, along with a small basket and a broken bell jar.

threadjackers!!!

(just kidding, you can post whatever/wherever you want!)

awesome to see another M's fan out there kidsmoke-

i really thought some of the Wilco fans would be blown away by them. knowing Wilco has a taping scene i was hopeful someone taped an M's set or two and i might find them around here. i'll keep looking. i am dying to have a live show from this album.

rumor is their set at Lollapalooza is going to include horns. they have an early slot at the AMD stage @ 2:15.

i really hope they schedule some other gigs around chicago this summer so people can start buzzing about them and i can get out there and tape it. but i also can't say the prospect of them working on a follow-up to Future Women so soon isn't such a bad thing either. another album like Future Women will really get the critics talking.

then again the M's are my current $10 bar band so i'm not anxious to see them grow up too quick!

how about Dr Dog kidsmoke, have you checked them out yet?

they are based out of philly and i'm jealous of those of you out east that get more oppertunities to see them.

kidsmoke-

I just found this on the dime:

The M's (Ottawa Blues Fest) 2006-07-15

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=104769

i'm downloading it now, shoot me a PM if you can't grab this yourself and want me to send you a copy.

Thank you very much!!! I'm downloading it at this very moment. :thumbup

I'm unfamiliar with Dr Dog, but I'll look into them. Thanks for the tip.

I agree with you about Future Women....what a terrific album! :worship :yes :wub

I taped the first two shows (Toronto and Ontario) of the tour at the request of their soundman. When I send them to the band, I will ask if it is ok to share with the public. Both recordings are straight off the board. The 1st night is missing the first two songs and the 2nd night has some flaws that I should be able to correct. I will keep you "posted".

I taped the first two shows (Toronto and Ontario) of the tour at the request of their soundman. When I send them to the band, I will ask if it is ok to share with the public. Both recordings are straight off the board. The 1st night is missing the first two songs and the 2nd night has some flaws that I should be able to correct. I will keep you "posted".

Great news! :cheers

that is awesome julsay, they mentioned to me that they asked someone to tape a couple of gigs and and i know they are hoping to hear from you :)

make sure you grab this Ottawa show too, it sounds excellent.

i wish i could have taken a week or so off and toured and taped for them!

Hee! That Wilco/M's show was the same weekend as my 15th reunion (nice timing, huh?), so my road-trip companions for the next few shows ended up getting gifts of Vassar Class of 1994 merchandise (I was Class of '89, but those '94ers were just plain sloppy about leaving their stuff lying around for the taking :ermm :lol ).

I still have my t-shirt! :)

Threadjacker, yes, but an M's fan, too! Thanks for the DaD link, I'm downloading now. :music

awesome - you go, gogo! (like you haven't heard that before! ;)

i've got my client open on a massive pipe so it should come down quickly for ya now-

anyone else who is interested i'll bee keeping this open for a while, jump on.

it's a really nice recording, a nice mix of guitar and vocals.

great to see interest in the M's out here, they are really addicting once you give them a chance. i know it's hard to get into new bands but this is one you'll be happy you checked out.

What's their best studio release?

What's their best studio release?

That's tough because both albums are terrific, but if I had to choose, I'd go with their 2nd and newest album, "Future Women". I tend to play this one on repeat. Very good stuff! :yes