Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!

I am a self-admitted neophyte when it comes to the world of computers/internet/software/torrents, etc., and am still learning, but in the past week or so I've downloaded some torrents concerts and am just blown away. what a great way to spend the evening--sit back, press play, and zone off to a concert that I never would have had a chance to enjoy but for some generous trader, who took the time not only to record the show but to go through the work of assembling a great torrents file. This fan appreciates it in spades.

Thanks,

Neil

:worship

Heh, I posted a similar thread like this last year, but you're right the tapers don't get enough thanks. I know it can be a pain in the ass to have to watch over taping equipment, keeping wookies from bumping into the mikes, wishing everyone around you would STFU! Then time must be taken to listen to and convert the tapes, upload the show on the internet, all while keeping everything organized. But good quality live recordings make it all worth while, I mean whats a better souveneir than a recording of the show you just went to?

Heh, I posted a similar thread like this last year, but you're right the tapers don't get enough thanks. I know it can be a pain in the ass to have to watch over taping equipment, keeping wookies from bumping into the mikes, wishing everyone around you would STFU! Then time must be taken to listen to and convert the tapes, upload the show on the internet, all while keeping everything organized. But good quality live recordings make it all worth while, I mean whats a better souveneir than a recording of the show you just went to?

When you posted your post last year, did you find that no one else chimed in as well?

:unsure

It was only a couple of months ago, and yes, people responded. This kind of thing is cyclical; people often thank the tapers in the After the Show threads, or in the comments section on the tracker. Just because no one hit this one, doesn't mean that lots of people don't appreciate the job they do.