OK, since no one else has said anything, I guess I'll start.

I'm not much of a show reviewer, so I'll just say this: it fucking ruled.

Plenty of great Smog moments, as well. They opened with "Until you came along" (one of my all-time favorite songs). I thought I heard some really bad chords coming out of Danny Murphy's amp (I was in the front row, right in front of him) and after a few moments confused looks, he grabbed the capo off of Kraig's guitar and put it on the second fret...he was tuned down a whole step. A few songs later, Murphy had to stop the song a few bars in because his amp quit working (I believe it was "to call my own", which he sang)

A few other flubbed notes and false starts here and there, but it was all great.

They had a keyboard player who I wasn't familiar with...they said his name, which I didn't get, and that he was from NYC. Jim Boquist also played and sang on a handful of tunes, and a girl who I also didn't know sang on a couple....and of course, the Horny Horns were in on a few songs.

Don't have a setlist or anything, but they played all the expected "hits", plenty from the new album, and also rocked the shit outta Neil Young's "Revolution Blues"

I thought it was a really good show. The idiots who kept yelling for Tweedy at the beginning need to grow up/get a life. I liked how Danny offered to give whoever wanted one, a refund.

The Smog doesn't need Tweedy. Sure it's nice to have him there and I really enjoy his songs/contributions to the Smog. The fact is the band existed before him and can get along just fine without him. It's different without him, but still good to great anyways. Enjoy the ride.

The idiots who kept yelling for Tweedy at the beginning need to grow up/get a life. .

The worst thing was that the dude (at least the loudest one that I saw) was at LEAST 45-50 years old. It's bad enough when drunk frat boys do that shit, but this guy was an epic tool.

He had a big shit-eatin' grin on his face the whole time too, like he knew he was SO fucking funny and clever.

The worst thing was that the dude (at least the loudest one that I saw) was at LEAST 45-50 years old.
Great some asshole in my demographic.... :lol

I thought it was pretty obvious from the get go that Jeff was not playing this tour.

LouieB

I thought it was pretty obvious from the get go that Jeff was not playing this tour.

It WAS obvious, that's what made it worse....the guy seemingly knew that Tweedy wasn't going to be there, but thought he would be so hilarious and original by calling out for him. Lame.

Setlist anyone......V?

Here are some that they played for sure:

Until you came along

V

Ill Fated

To call my own

Looking forward to seeing you

He's a Dick

Won't be coming home

Starman (Bowie)

Revolution Blues (Neil Young)

Plus a good number of new ones, including:

5-22-02

Corvette

Hurricane

Gone

Another Fine Day

Beautiful Mind

Cure for this

there's more....just don't remember right now.

lmfao!!!

so THAT's what the fuck that was???

so fucked up...

btw, from someone on the Jayahwaks Fanpage:

Golden Smog

First Aveune, Minneapolis

July 23rd, 2006

Until You Came Along

You Make it Easy

V

To Call My Own

Beautiful Mind

Won't Be Coming Home

Ill Fated

5-22-02

Starman

Frying Pan Eyes

Jennifer Save Me

**can't read the next 4-5 songs**

He's a Dick

If I Only Had a Car

Corvette

Encores:

Gone

?? Kraig song (Day By Day?)

Revolution Blues

Scotch song ???

Looking Forward to Seeing You

anyone tape it?

I was right behind the mixing board and didn't see anyone taping from that area (where most tapers set up) nor any one patching into the soundboard. But I could be wrong.

I was right behind the mixing board and didn't see anyone taping from that area (where most tapers set up) nor any one patching into the soundboard. But I could be wrong.

i don't think Golden Smog are that keen on taping, thus no mic stands. i'd imagine there was 1-2 people stealth taping :ninja

i don't think Golden Smog are that keen on taping, thus no mic stands. i'd imagine there was 1-2 people stealth taping :ninja

Must be a Gary thing, at the Tweedy show it looked like a scene out of Contact with all of the mike stands and recording equipment set up by the board.