New Spoon-Soft Effects/Telephono EP

Definitely have to get this... wonder if it's widely available, even in the good United Kingdom...

EDIT: yup, though seems expensive on Amazon UK - how much are you guys paying for it?

I pieced most of tracks for both together via Kazza Lite a while back when Uyen first got me into them. However, I just noticed I can get the whole magilla on iTunes for $9.99 and I still have a lot b-day gift card money on my account.

It's their first album and second EP reissued, both were out of print.

I bought this even though I have the original CDs of both, hoping that the remaster is worth it (sounds pretty good so far).

It's a no-frills reissue -- no extra tracks on either disc. The only extra at all is a video for "Not Turning Off" that's on the "Telephono" disc. No additional liner notes, no enhanced album art, nothing. I guess we shouldn't be too surprised -- Britt Daniel hasn't had much nice to say about "Telephono" in recent years. I'm amazed it ever got reissued at all.

The packaging is OK -- a cardboard sleeve into which the two cardboard CD packages fit. Here's shots of mine - the box is on the right.

spoon_reissue1.jpg

spoon_reissue2.jpg