okay, so dont trust it, but use?

just seems like the company is the ones to get busted, not users. however, i do feel a bit guilty using it. may try it out.

If you're going to steal from the artists, why not cut out the middleman and just do it directly? Use the few bucks you'd have paid the Russian mafia to buy a real record now and then from bands you like.

The only "copyright" loophole is they're defining anything (even lossless) transferred over the internet as a broadcast instead of a purchase so the amount of money that gets paid to the artist would be negligible if they bothered to pay anything at all, which they don't.

I'm not trying to get all preachy here, I've downloaded plenty believe me, just saying don't try to use some site like allofmp3 as some sort of fig leaf to make yourself feel better about it.

Jesus, I wouldn't log onto a Russian website for any reason. Jail would be the least of your problems and you would be happy to go to get away from your virus-laden computer.

agree with Jethro. If you're not going to pay the artist for their work, at least don't pay the pirates. There's plenty of other ways to download stuff for free - it might be a little more work or hassle, but at least there's not the profiteering angle to make it (even more) distasteful.

I agree with the comments that say it makes much more sense to pirate for free then to pay to pirate. Its unclear whether or not its illegal for the site to operate in Russia, based on the loopholes, but I have read some fairly clear (quoted on wikipedia, so take with some salt) legislature from the US which makes this illegal.

On the flip side, there is no way for the RIAA to catch you since they aren't going to get your IP from allofmp3, so there is a little bit of added security from sueing. Furthermore, while in general it is not a good idea to deal with shady russian sites, allofmp3 is pretty well known for not stealing credit card info, and they do allow you to use temporary/pay as you go credit cards, so most prudent people i have heard about it go that route.

In conclusion, use OiNK, but buy music you really care about.

I agree with the comments that say it makes much more sense to pirate for free then to pay to pirate. Its unclear whether or not its illegal for the site to operate in Russia, based on the loopholes, but I have read some fairly clear (quoted on wikipedia, so take with some salt) legislature from the US which makes this illegal.

On the flip side, there is no way for the RIAA to catch you since they aren't going to get your IP from allofmp3, so there is a little bit of added security from sueing. Furthermore, while in general it is not a good idea to deal with shady russian sites, allofmp3 is pretty well known for not stealing credit card info, and they do allow you to use temporary/pay as you go credit cards, so most prudent people i have heard about it go that route.

In conclusion, use OiNK, but buy music you really care about.

i think i am with y'all here. even though i have an ipod, i will still buy cds of bands i really like. ie buying the new dylan. allofmp3 does seem a bit touch and go. thanks again for the comments.

c