The Shrine Mosque

So, I recently got tickets to the Wilco show in Springfield, Missouri. It's gonna be great, and it's only an hour away. But what I really want to know is, what is the deal with this venue? It looks pretty cool, but it does seem slighly quirky. After all, it is owned by the Shriners, a masonic group. Have any of y'all been there? What's it like?

Thanks for any and all info/comments.

I don't know much about that venue, but in Detroit they have a similar ordeal. The masonic temple is owned by the Free Masons (duh), and it's a fabulous intimate venue. I saw the White Stripes there. Incredible

I'm from Springfield and saw Bob Dylan and Ben Folds at this venue. The sound can either be really good or really bad(Dylan). There are seats on the sides that arent bad seats at all but the floor is probably where you want to be.

Every year the circus takes place on the floor.

I'm from Springfield and saw Bob Dylan and Ben Folds at this venue. The sound can either be really good or really bad(Dylan). There are seats on the sides that arent bad seats at all but the floor is probably where you want to be.

Every year the circus takes place on the floor.

Any suggestions on hotels in the area? I kind of want to get somewhere that has a suite as we have quite a few people going.... I was looking at the Comfort Inn & Suites on 310 Monasery Campbell Street (I think it's just being built ) but wasn't sure if it was in a good location as far as near a lot of bars or how far it is from the venue. Any suggestions?

I saw Ben Folds at the Shrine Mosque a few years ago and I'm going to see Wilco there in October as well. It's an alright venue, sort of reminded of a Church gym or something like that.

The Drury Inn in Springfield is a nice hotel, it may be a little pricey though but it's the only hotel in the area I know of.

There are a ton of hotels right off of I-44 if you are coming from STL. Most of them probably arent very pricey either. If you are worried about distance from the venue you shouldnt be, everywhere in Springfield is at most 20 minutes from anywhere else in Springfield.

• 1 month later...