Anyone watch the match tonight between Andre Agassi and Marcos Baghdatis? My god, that thing was FANTASTIC!! Agassi blew through the first two sets in about an hour and seemed to be cruising til he lost the third. Still, he was up 4-0 in the fourth but Baghdatis turned it around again to force a fifth set. It was hard-fought with some great points and effort on both sides. I only wish there didn't have to be a loser (much like last years Agassi-Blake match).

This Baghdatis has a career ahead of him, no question about it. And forward Andre, to the championship you go (I hope)!

I did and yes it was excellent, as was his 1st round match. (although this 5th was way better) Actually. i turned it on early after he won the 1st 2 and figured he'd win in 3 and forgot about it, and was flipping through the channels when i went to bed and they are starting a 5th set. I really thought he was going to lose even with Baghdatis cramping.

kept me up till 1 am two nights this week the bastard.

It would be nice for him to go far in his last open but i'm not getting my hopes up. Even he said afterward it's not the playing for almost four hours, it's the next day that kills him.

I really haven't paid much attention to tennis in the last 5 years or so but will have to at least follow his matches till he's out this year.

Well, the last match wasn't nearly as dramatic as the two previous ones, but it was much sadder. So ends the great Agassi legend. Farewell to the great and esteemed man.

It's a sad day for tennis. Good luck in everything else, though, good sir!

The Baghdatis/Agassi match was one for the books,that's for sure.The crowd was fired up to the point where if you didn't know better you'd have thought this was a Davis Cup match in South America or something.

The match today..well...I was watchin' & rootin' but man Andre was just too tore up.It made me wince to see him moving around the court & between points it was obvious that the guy was in a great deal of pain.

Here's a question I'd like to know the answer to:given all the noise recently about steroids in MLB & the Tour de France fiasco,how is it Andre was able to get the injections for his back? I mean,cortisone IS a steroid.Is it due to the Player's Union,or what?

Just curious...

Scott

The Ginepri/Haas match was a killer today,as well...tiebreak in the 5th...Ginepri was looking so good the last set,it was kinda shocking how Haas just smoked his ass in the tiebreak.

Still,until proven otherwise,Federer will roll on...God that guy amazes me