My Game Boy is insured. What would happen, though, if everybody stopped buying things they really didn't need? Would not our entire economy collapse, or at least contract severely? I remember after 9/11, Bush took great pains to tell people that they should continue to lead their normal lives, which I took to mean, "For God's sake, don't stop spending money!"

It's not necessarily buying what you don't need, it's buying what you can't afford.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

real wages have tumbled severely since 1978. what was possible then is not as possible now.

and i totally agree about savings v credit. i don't even have a credit card (just a debit card with a visa logo). if i can't afford it, i can't afford it.

Absolutely! Don't have a credit card,don't want one.

You know how credit card companies will call you up & have their telemarketer give this wonderful spiel about how great they are,how much they can help you,etc.? I once got in an argument with a woman over this & she kept at me until i blurted out "ma'am,I believe credit cards are the work of the devil :lol "

Needless to say,she thought I was a religious kook & politely told me good day..

Thank the lord for the no-call list..

Absolutely! Don't have a credit card,don't want one.

You know how credit card companies will call you up & have their telemarketer give this wonderful spiel about how great they are,how much they can help you,etc.? I once got in an argument with a woman over this & she kept at me until i blurted out "ma'am,I believe credit cards are the work of the devil :lol "

Needless to say,she thought I was a religious kook & politely told me good day..

Thank the lord for the no-call list..

kudos to you....I am fighting to get to your level of discipline.......... :hmm

-Robert.