Should he stay or should he go??

While debating an (some might say obstructionist)amendment,sponsored by Sen. Kennedy, to the appropriations bill the arguments lingered on all afternoon & into the evening over whether Donald Rumsfeld should leave.The debate was spirited and (somewhat surprisingly) articulate from both sides of the aisle...one side eloquently reciting the "litany of failures" of Rummy while the other side just as eloquently giving the case to stay the course(although it must be said that Sen. Warner & his colleagues were relying on their stock-in-trade "politics of fear").Very compelling viewing.

Thoughts,comments here on VC regarding this??

Stay. So when the Dems take back the House, they can haul his ass before hearings on Iraq and grill him like a marinated chicken breast.

Stay. So when the Dems take back the House, they can haul his ass before hearings on Iraq and grill him like a marinated chicken breast.

I KNEW I could count on you to give it to me straight :thumbup Man,if the Dems can't take back control this time they may as well go the way of the Whigs eh?

I KNEW I could count on you to give it to me straight :thumbup Man,if the Dems can't take back control this time they may as well go the way of the Whigs eh?

If they fuck this up, I will declare the two-party system dead as the proverbial doornail, and go live in the woods so the Stasi can't find me.

If they fuck this up, I will declare the two-party system dead as the proverbial doornail, and go live in the woods so the Stasi can't find me.

Never underestimate the ability of "black box" voting machines to steal elections. :hmm

Not the Dusty Baker thread I was expecting....

LouieB

That dude oughtta go. When you fall behind Pittsburgh, for Christ's sake, you really should be fired on general principles.

Im not sure it will happen. Unless the Dems have some real answers......er... I mean balls

Never underestimate the ability of "black box" voting machines to steal elections.

See!

Boo Hoo :cryin

you kind of get the feeling that Rumsfeld has never uttered the phrase "my bad" in his life, no?

No...probably not.If there's a more arrogant man in the Administration,I don't know who it would be.

...Wait a minute...what about..."THE DUCK HUNTER" :w00t

Rumsfeld and Cheney's careers are inextricably woven together. Cheney was once's Rumsfeld's apprentice, but now Cheney is the master.

Generals gathered in their masses

Just like witches at black masses

Evil minds that plot destruction

Sorcerers of deaths construction

In the fields the bodies burning

As the war machine keeps turning

Death and hatred to mankind

Poisoning their brainwashed minds, oh lord yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away

They only started the war

Why should they go out to fight?

They leave that role to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds

Making war just for fun

Treating people just like pawns in chess

Wait till their judgement day comes, yeah!

Now in darkness, world stops turning

As the war machine keeps burning

No more war pigs of the power

Hand of God has sturck the hour

Day of judgement, God is calling

On their knees, the war pigs crawling

Begging mercy for their sins

Satan, laughing, spreads his wings

All right now!

Generals gathered in their masses

Just like witches at black masses

Evil minds that plot destruction

Sorcerers of deaths construction

In the fields the bodies burning

As the war machine keeps turning

Death and hatred to mankind

Poisoning their brainwashed minds, oh lord yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away

They only started the war

Why should they go out to fight?

They leave that role to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds

Making war just for fun

Treating people just like pawns in chess

Wait till their judgement day comes, yeah!

Now in darkness, world stops turning

As the war machine keeps burning

No more war pigs of the power

Hand of God has sturck the hour

Day of judgement, God is calling

On their knees, the war pigs crawling

Begging mercy for their sins

Satan, laughing, spreads his wings

All right now!

I know this is a whole nother thread,but imho that is the best metal song of all times.Been hearing it for 30+ yrs. & I never tire of it

Since the Senate came back from their MONTHLONG break,they've really been turning up some heat on the floor,it seems...

This election could be decided on the 3 A's: Accountability (for the White House) Amnesty (for illegal immigrants) & of course the old standby,Abortion(esp. the day after)

Kennedy should take Rumsfeld for a drive up to Chappaquiddick

shut up :cryin

Hey, take it up with the Pirates' ownership. That was one of the better franchises in baseball once.