Calexico - Garden Ruin DVD

I do not have the DVD that came with the non-US versions of Garden Ruin, so I can't tell you what is on it. But I wanted to make sure you did see the "Making of" videos that stream online.

http://www.cityslang.com/ecards/calexico/e-card_eng.html

click on "making of" at the bottom of the screen. There are 8 separate videos to watch.

If anyone has that Eur or Jap DVD and can tell us what's on there, I'm still curious to know. The Calexico forum is really not very active, but I guess it could be an option to ask there.

NPR has a Calexico concert for download on their All Songs Considered site -- I listened to it on my way up to Connecticut a couple of weeks ago. It was my first time hearing the band but I think I liked it.

Had the DVD for ages but havn't got round to watching it,just popped it in.

Starts with Joey doing a solo All systems red in his kitchen in March 2005, then them writing/rehearsing Bisbee Blue in studio, then a feature on Paul Niehaus the pedal steel guy followed by a bit with John Convertino in studio banging away on his drums.

You then get Joey back in his kitchen doing All Systems red this time in June, the DVD ends with the band playing the song live in December 2005 so you kind of get a sense of how the song progressed over the year.

In between you get little features on the other guys in band and a bit with Joey & John discussing Garden Ruin.

So nothing amazing though the band version of ASR is pretty rocking but the whole package is pretty nice so worth getting if you can find it, I'm always a sucker for these double disc/extra DVD thing even though I hardly ever watch em!

n.b just had a look at the City Slang E card thing and thats pretty much the same footage as DVD though missing a couple of things but nothing major.

Had the DVD for ages but havn't got round to watching it,just popped it in.

Starts with Joey doing a solo All systems red in his kitchen in March 2005, then them writing/rehearsing Bisbee Blue in studio, then a feature on Paul Niehaus the pedal steel guy followed by a bit with John Convertino in studio banging away on his drums.

You then get Joey back in his kitchen doing All Systems red this time in June, the DVD ends with the band playing the song live in December 2005 so you kind of get a sense of how the song progressed over the year.

In between you get little features on the other guys in band and a bit with Joey & John discussing Garden Ruin.

So nothing amazing though the band version of ASR is pretty rocking but the whole package is pretty nice so worth getting if you can find it, I'm always a sucker for these double disc/extra DVD thing even though I hardly ever watch em!

n.b just had a look at the City Slang E card thing and thats pretty much the same footage as DVD though missing a couple of things but nothing major.

All Systems Red is incredible.

And thanks Wendy for the link!

Edited by Eli Cash