Newbie seeking guidance from fans

First Mermaid, 1, then listen to Wilco first release to last, and UT last to first, in the following order:

AM---Anodyne

BT---March

Summerteeth---Still Feel Gone

YHF----No Depression

AGIB

Kicking TV

Don't forget Golden Smog and Loose Fur

Then get your ass to a show, and you'll forget all about the former Boss (said with a lot of love from a long time fan until I discovered Mermaid and realized there's no need for Bruce or just about anyone! :stunned )

:cheers

Being There is a fantastic album. There's all kinds of styles of music on there and enough change in tempo that it never drags or overwhelms me. Plus, it's got 'The Lonely 1' and 'Far Far Away'. It's great for late night listening. In fact, I feel inspired to put it on tonight. What a great post. Btw-I sent a copy of this album, gushing about it, to a friend long long ago. although she didn't get into it right away, she eventually started the Wilco Timeline. :music

I'd say YHF is the best starting point, simply because it's their best album.

The hell you say.

You'll still find a little room in your heart for Bruce, Im sure.

Thanks All

I listened to Being There a lot this weekend, I really like what I hear so far..... Tweedy is obviously very talented.

Looking forward to getting some of their other stuff too

I'll let you know how it goes.....

thanks much

TBH, I rarely listen to the actual studio stuff.... I just love love love the live material.

I do have a bias for the Nels era though. His work on YHF songs like Ashes, War on War and IATTBYH is just mind-blowing. This is why I can't wait for the new record.