Wireless computer speakers?

Anyone have any suggestions? Basically, I'm looking to be able to play music on my 'puter and have speakers in other parts of the house. Including rooms on different floors. Sound quality is not as important as a (relatively) low price.

Please keep in mind I'm not handy/smart/wealthy enough to drill holes in walls and floors and run wires all over the place, buy fancy home entertainment network things, etc.

Do you have a wireless network now? If so, you can buy a device that plugs into your stereo receiver and streams music over the wireless connection. I looked briefly at these before realizing that they don't support .OGG, which is what most of my digital files are.

I haven't investigated any further, though next I might look at these bad boys, but that would be a more expensive option, I think.

Negative on the wireless network. I don't think I'm smart enough for that.

My current set-up is just dumb, and involves me using iPod accessories (iTrip to various radios) when listening to music away from the computer...which is almost all the time.

Negative on the wireless network. I don't think I'm smart enough for that.

My current set-up is just dumb, and involves me using iPod accessories (iTrip to various radios) when listening to music away from the computer...which is almost all the time.

If your computer has wireless capabilities, even if you dont have a wireless network right now, Airport Express will automatically show up in your iTunes window when you plug Airport Express in and plug it into your stereo, and then you just hit one button in iTunes and you're set.

airtunestop106072004.jpg

Hmmmm, that looks pretty sweet. Now I get to look even less smart by asking..."how do I know if my computer has wireless capability?"

i've been looking online for something for the last 2 summers (for outside) and haven't found anything worthwhile yet.

Depending on range and price, I was thinking about the outdoor possibilities as well. It would be pretty sweet to have (portable) speakers on the deck/tiki hut.

"how do I know if my computer has wireless capability?"

Unplug it from the modem :)

Seriously, though, it should start to look for a wireless network if it isn't connected. If you need a wireless card, they are pretty cheap and a wireless network is also not rocket science to set up.

Unplug it from the modem :)

Seriously, though, it should start to look for a wireless network if it isn't connected. If you need a wireless card, they are pretty cheap and a wireless network is also not rocket science to set up.

I'm pretty sure I have no wireless card.

I'm also pretty sure there's no way in hell I could ever install one. I'm basically only a few steps up the computer savy evolutionary scale from the people who buy the "how to sell my garbage on ebay" dvds from that bald guy who looks like Mendlebaum's kid from Seinfeld.