Guns N' Roses - Vegas 9/16 and 9/17

Anyone go to these shows?

I went on Sunday night to top off a very long weekend. [i still have not recovered]. The show was great and the crowd was wild. Axl's voice sounded pretty good considering, well, considering everything that has happened in the last 15 years.

He came on really late [probably 1130pm, but I don't really remember and wasn't really keeping track if you know what I mean] and I started a rumor that he was not going to show. I would have been disappointed if he didn't, but it would have just added to his legend - and the crowd probably would have rioted. [Especially because 85% of the people probably consumed more than ten drinks before the show].

The opening riff from Welcome to the Jungle started as Axl walked to the end of the stage and shouted "Do you know where you are?!!!??!!" The place went crazy. Everyone sang along to every single song. He played most of appetite, 4 new songs which were okay, live and let die, november rain, patience, used to love her, knockin on heavens door, you could be mine, and probably a few others.

After, approximately 30 women [very good looking women] were lined up to be taken in limos to meet Axl. I over heard one say to a roadie "Hey! I'm Candice, remember me, we met in 1988 in Fargo" Two hours later I was talking to some girls at the circle bar who were waiting for Axl to return so they could meet him in his hotel room. [i found this all to be really amusing.]

I know this is a terrible review, but it is all I can muster at this hour.

Hilarious review

I watched their live webcast last night from the KROQ Inland Invasion. Overall it was terrible. They came out 50 minutes late, but did play for about 2 hours (longer than I thought).

Axl is a caricature of himself.

GnR was my first favorite band back in '91 (I was very young... and my parents wouldn't let me go see them, cause they thought it wasn't safe...)

My parents wouldn't let me go back then either. Our parents were right, it's still not safe.

I actually went to the inland invasion show last night and it was okay. The crowd sucked - there were about a dozen fights in my vicintiy during the hour long wait before GNR and security did virtually nothing to prevent it. Most of the brawls were not the 'you hit me I hit you thing' but gang fights where the participants probably wanted to use knifes and kill their opponent. [it seemed the local women also wanted to get involved in the action]

Axl played pretty much the exact same set as in Vegas. The only redeeming quality was the fact that I was in the pit. And I still think Axl sounds pretty good.

I went on Sunday night to top off a very long weekend. [i still have not recovered].

:cheers

...but I don't really remember and wasn't really keeping track if you know what I mean] and I started a rumor that he was not going to show...

instigator! :monkey

I know this is a terrible review, but it is all I can muster at this hour.

:lol

chris, the best part of this review was imagining you in fine form, las vegas style :pirate