WHOA, i was listening to the title track right before seeing this. Um, "Essential" is a good compilation, though you'll have some of the tracks off it. "Red Roses For Me" and "Rum Sodomy & The Lash" are probably the most praised. People aren't so enthusiastic about non-Shane MacGowan Pogues, but for my money "Waiting For Herb" is a great album.

you started with what i think was the highlight of their career, musically and lyrically. although i love them all, IF I Should Fall From Grace would be the most poetic, Red Roses & Rum,Sodomy are both excellent drunken punk. I give Peace and Love and Hell's Ditch, followed by Waiting for Herb the least play these days. Since some of these are almost 20 or 20+ years old and i still listen to them says something.

i also still regularly watch Live from the Town & Country which i got for christmas almost 19 years ago. commentary by joe strummer & steve lilliwhite as well as joe playing "london calling" and lynval golding from the specials playing "a message to you" with the band. Saint Patrick's night show from 1988. Looks like you can get it on dvd these days.

:beer