At least this guy is calling it what it is.

This is a bit old, but I just read it.

Ga. Republican says he supports "methods necessary" for detainees

BEN EVANS

Associated Press

WASHINGTON - Georgia congressman Lynn Westmoreland backed away from comments he made suggesting that he supports torturing terrorism suspects, but said intelligence agencies should be given latitude to use "the methods necessary" to get information from detainees.

On Tuesday, the Grantville Republican told a Douglas County Chamber of Commerce luncheon that he "voted for torture" and that "we need to get information out of these people the best way we can," the Douglas County Sentinel reported.

He said Wednesday that he should have "put that another way."

"Maybe I shouldn't have said I voted for torture," he said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I should have said I voted against the anti-torture bill."

Don't you love people who can be glib about torture?

"Maybe I shouldn't have said I voted for torture," he said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I should have said I voted against the anti-torture bill."

Don't you love people who can be glib about torture?

All I can say is I'm sickened & disgusted.A whole week of Senate debate on the treatment of detainees....I couldn't stop watching,like a car crash or something.

The whole world is watching...isn't it obvious that you don't defeat terrorism by becoming more like the terrorists? Hey, I thought we were supposed to be wearing the white hat here.The issue seems to cut to the core of what the ideals America is supposed to be representing.