Attention all Tapers!

One thing I've noticed during my time here at VC is that after nearly every show someone will inevitably ask 'did anyone tape last night's show'? Which brings the following thought to mind (some VC vets may be helpful here): does anyone know if there has ever been serious thought given by the band or powers that be to establishing a 'tapers section' to record the shows? It seems that maybe 3/4 of all the shows do get taped & make the rounds eventually.Amazing quality stealth tapes are frequently shared here.But given the number of hardcore fans & tech-freaks around here..well nothing would please me more than to walk into a venue & see the sight of expensive omnidirectional mikes up on stands :thumbup

SBDs are increasingly rare as the years go by.The old argument that 'if people have the bootlegs,they won't but the albums' just doesn't hold water.IMHO,there's no better way to build & solidify a fan base than to allow crisp copies of shows to circulate & be easily available.

Just my .02.Anyone who can shed light on this question would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks,Scott

..well nothing would please me more than to walk into a venue & see the sight of expensive omnidirectional mikes up on stands :thumbup

A beautiful sight indeed!!!

I have friends who were Dead tapers and I thought the tapers section was always a great idea.

well from experince they ussaly allow you to tape from wehrever. at the aud theathre in 04 someone had a stand in the middle of the crowd

i'm down with the idea of a tpers section but i dont think wilco has enough tapers to make a tapers section.

plus many times taper sections are placed in bad locations

i'm down with the idea of a tpers section but i dont think wilco has enough tapers to make a tapers section.

plus many times taper sections are placed in bad locations

If there were a taper section,they would come.

Directly behind the board is usually a good enough place provided the board is not under the balcony.And if it is,like MKH said,there's always the FOB option. :shifty

Hmmm... How about we let the tapers and the band take care of recording and taping policies - sounds like a good plan to me. 'Mountain Bed' if the tapers ever hire a lobbyist - it certainly will not be a someone who wants "omnidirectional mics up on stands" in a 'taper's section' (that recording would sound like crap). Wilco's taping policy works and by the quality of the recordings - it works very well. If you desire more tapers so recordings get uploaded to VC faster - then I would suggest you invest your $ in some gear and start taping yourself. To have a non-taper making these suggestions makes me laugh.

This is a weak thread - please let it die.

Hmmm... How about we let the tapers and the band take care of recording and taping policies - sounds like a good plan to me. 'Mountain Bed' if the tapers ever hire a lobbyist - it certainly will not be a someone who wants "omnidirectional mics up on stands" in a 'taper's section' (that recording would sound like crap). Wilco's taping policy works and by the quality of the recordings - it works very well. If you desire more tapers so recordings get uploaded to VC faster - then I would suggest you invest your $ in some gear and start taping yourself. To have a non-taper making these suggestions makes me laugh.

This is a weak thread - please let it die.

no harm intended...but your "taper/non-taper" mentality is a limited view(in my opinion). if someone has an idea and they want to share it then fine...or would you rather us "non-tapers" sit on the back of the bus with our kind. :no

spongebob

p.s. i really respect the men/women who do tape and allow us who can't travel a chance to hear the band more than we would other wise be able to. let's have a moment of silence for all your hard work...thank you. :worship

If you desire more tapers so recordings get uploaded to VC faster - then I would suggest you invest your $ in some gear and start taping yourself.

If someone wanted to put their money where their mouth is MKH where would one start? Any websites you could recommend would be helpful.