I tell you what, I was at the local mall over lunch runnign some errands and stopped in at the GAP...they sold out of their two tables full of (RED) apparel by 11AM. :omg The power of Oprah...

I'm so out of it that I had no idea what all that was about until this thread. Which means I was really confused by the issue of the New Yorker I was reading the other day, in which about half of all the ads were (RED)-related. :huh

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would love to have a red razr phone, not happenin for those with verizon huh.

nope, they were a possibility and decided to opt out for some reason. so, not for right now.

yeah, this kicked off in Europe first. We did a (RED) version of the SLVR over there, that I had no involvement with. The RAZR w/ USC and Sprint will be our first US offerings. say what you want about Bono and oprah and egos and blah, blah, blah...this really is a pretty cool concept w/ potential to raise a lot $. if you're not in the market for a new phone or iPod nano...maybe go buy a t-shirt or something. every little bit helps. :peace

nope, they were a possibility and decided to opt out for some reason. so, not for right now.

yeah, this kicked off in Europe first. We did a (RED) version of the SLVR over there, that I had no involvement with. The RAZR w/ USC and Sprint will be our first US offerings. say what you want about Bono and oprah and egos and blah, blah, blah...this really is a pretty cool concept w/ potential to raise a lot $. if you're not in the market for a new phone or iPod nano...maybe go buy a t-shirt or something. every little bit helps. :peace

those bastids!!!

I finally watched the tape of the show and got pretty teary a couple of times...some of those kids in those hospitals are no older than O & Lo and they're stacked 3-4 in a bed. Not to harp, but we sell 10 of these phones and that's enough AVT for someone for an entire year...and if you don't need a phone, go buy a t-shirt or two, which at 50% of the net profit to the (RED) fund can make a huge difference...if you don't need a t-shirt, buy a pair of Chucks...etc. etc.

This thing launched in Europe 3-4 months back and they've already raised roughly $5M from the proceeds, imagine w/ the buying power of the American consumer how much can be done. Don't do it because Oprah or Bono said you should, do it because it's such an easy way to make a difference. The stuff is cool looking too and perfect for the holiday season...and it's not all red. :monkey

Sorry to rant, it's a rare occasion I get a feeling from my job that what I do makes a difference...this will and I just want to do a little extra to see it be as big as it can be. Thanks!

JOIN (RED)!

Sorry to rant, it's a rare occasion I get a feeling from my job that what I do makes a difference...this will and I just want to do a little extra to see it be as big as it can be. Thanks!

JOIN (RED)!

As we say sometimes out here in the sticks,"Ya done good,man". :thumbup