What I Did On My Holidays

Bit of shameless self promotion here, but here are a couple of reviews from the summer:

Leicester Summer Sundae Weekender includes reviews of sets from Elbow, Calexico, Brakes, Belle & Sebastian, Richard Hawley.

and

Wales' Green Man Festival including reviews of Calexico (again!), M. Ward, Gruff from Super Furry Animals and many more.

Enjoy.

As English as wiping your bum on a dock leaf in a field

Closer inspection reveals this to be iForward Russia! deploying all the melodramatic stage craft of people with something desperate to hide. That

Edited by andrewdowdall
:omg Calexico covered "I'm A Wheel" ???? I'd love to hear that.

Great reviews ... thanks for the links

It was more of a snatch of it, really. Part way through Stevie Nicks they included a rowdy new guitar heavy middle section to the song, and I thought 'Blimey, they've taken a few cues from Wilco here', next thing Joey is wailing "I'm A Wheel!" into the microphone.

But the impromptu cover of Guns Of Brixton made it for me.

UK Festival awards. Don't like the proliferation of awards ceremonies, but here's a chance to win free tickets and free beer for next year just by voting.

http://www.festivalawards.com/

I liked the best portaloo category myself. Cambridge got my vote of course where it was eligible.

There are highlights from this year's Cambridge Folk Festival on BBC 4 this Friday. I'll have to set the video if I want to try and catch the Welsh contingent out in force, as, hopefully, it'll be a James Yorkston gig for me on that evening.