I saw him in Septmeber (the last leng of the prior tour, before he played songs from Modern Times) and it was pretty amazing. He was really on! The song selection was somewhat contrived with a few interesting twists. The band is solid and all the crowds i've seen are really into the shows. I don't know if you've seen him before I've seen him 4 times since '99 and 3 of the shows were fantastic and 1 was lack luster. If you're a big Dylan fan you will leave the show feeling great, it's magic!!

I just got back from the Portland show and it was one of the best shows I've seen Bob give in a long time. This band is now on fire...it took a little while for that to happen...maybe the experience of being in the studio and being part of the birth of a masterpiece helped. My first visit to Oregon and I have to say it may be my favorite place in the states (love Louisiana and So Cal too). The crowd was so into the show that it really enhanced it. Everyone I met there, both at the show and throughout the 5 days, were cool, friendly and funny.

Chicago may be a different story. The crowd at my last Bob show there, Schaumburg 05, was really lame. It seems to be hit or miss. I'll make the Saturday show for sure, but I'm not really looking forward to it. A show in the suburbs, the thugs known as S3 Security, a new probably sterile venue. If I had the choice, I would go to Madison instead. That would def. be a much better time!

He came to our school (UW oshkosh) in '04. I would blame it mainly on ... well...him playing at UW oshkosh, but I really felt sad being at his concert. He was offstage left behind a keyboard. He provided no banter at all, just whipped through his songs in a shitty sounding gymnasium. The sad part was that after every song, more and more people would leave during the middle of the concert. There was literally lines of people waiting to get out when it was still within like the first 4 songs... I must admit too, it took me about a minute for me to finally realize that what the noise on stage was, was all along the watch tower. Shitty accoustics, I didnt like the backing band, and dylan seemed sick. Thank god I had student tickets for 20 bucks.

Less than a month later, I heard one of my friends dad say he saw him a few weeks after with Willie Nelson and said it was the one of the best Dylan shows hes seen ( and hes seen alot).

So I think it really depends on if he really cares about the show hes playing or if its just another stop on the tour.

So im guessing that he still isnt playing any guitar?

Has he been playing his Harp this tour? He broke it out when I saw him in Chicago last tour.

Im driving to Philedelphia with my brother and two guys to see the Raconteurs open for him. Im hoping the crowd is good. And also hoping for a Jack/Bob duet somewhere.

my friend and i were going to buy tickets for the knoxville show a few months back but the 100 dollar tickets sold out instantly and we didn't have enough money for the more expensive ones so we gave up. well we ended up waiting behind the tennessee theatre because we had been downtown that night and we ended up finding where the buses were and we stood out there and he walked right past us on the way into the show. he ignored us trying to talk to him, but damn was it breathtaking to have the man right in front of you.