"The Magnificent Defeat"

Guest Speed Racer
I guess you didn't notice that the thread was dedicated to the NEW album of his.

Then why do you keep responding to comments about Jeff and Nels if people can't talk about Jay's back catalog? People keep making remarks independent of Wilco (Jay's lyrics as trite, Jay as overplaying solos, Jay overproducing) and you keep referring back to Wilco comments. To you, can his album stand alone?

You weren't even talking about the same Jay Bennett album that I am. You were talking about one that came out 2 years ago. I guess you didn't notice that the thread was dedicated to the NEW album of his. It's funny that whenever Jay plays a solo, he's overplaying and killing the song. When Nels takes one, he's "serving the song" and "capturing the essence of Tweedy's lyrics." When Tweedy writes lesser lyrics, they're "simplistic" and "fun". When Bennett does it, they are "trite".

way to look like an asshole :thumbup

It doesn't matter what album I'm talking about, the comment was relevant. You leveled a claim that new Wilco is trite. I answered in kind. And yes, Jay lacks the communal sense that allows meshing in like the way Nels has. Jay may be getting better, if you look towards his most recent gig, but he ain't there yet.

way to be a douchebag :pirate

by the way

way to be a poser :brow