I've only heard the song Trouble off of it, and I really like that song. To me, it sounds like they have no idea when the LP is gonna be out. They have a shit ton of songs, they could easily make an LP, but I guess their label is delaying them for some unknown reason. My guess is Summer 2007 or even later.

Spring 2007 wouldn't be that bad, but that one email they sent said something like "the LP isn't going to be out for a while... so the Your Biggest Fan EP was made to tide the fans over until the LP is finally released" It sort of hinted that the release date wouldn't be spring 2007, but the sooner they get it out the better.

The good thing is it sounds like they are writing new songs for the LP and not just making a collage of all their EPs and releasing that as the LP (like Wolf Parade did). I didn't understand why the critics went so crazy over the Wolf Parade's LP Apologies to Queen Mary, giving it lavish praise, when almost all of those tracks on that cd had been previously available on their EPs.

I didn't understand why the critics went so crazy over the Wolf Parade's LP Apologies to Queen Mary, giving it lavish praise, when almost all of those tracks on that cd had been previously available on their EPs.

Did the fact that those songs were previously available mean they were somehow no longer worthy of praise?

I'd argue that critics were merely responding to the work at hand--the full-length CD--and that the vagaries of the band's distribution strategy are mostly irrelevant to that mission. A song's release history is finally unrelated to its innate merits or failings. You could make a case that an album of recycled material--like a Greatest Hits collection--deserves suspicion... but in a case like Wolf Parade's, it's hard to fault a collection of songs that previously had relatively little distribution.