i'm giving this stuff away! really!

i have a STACK of iron-on gold and silver small stud appliques. yup.

came to me in a box of stuff from an older relative.

the shapes can be cut up and fashioned into anything. maybe good for HALLOWEEN costumes or kids who like that sort of thing on their clothes, bags, etc.j

the shapes include:

-anchors

-roses on stems (not kidding)

-firework cascades

there are also sheets of studs not in shapes.

also available:

-singer sewing for the home book

--i've kept this to learn technique, but have come to realize that i don't sew home decor. so.

-a book titled "Making Felt Ornaments"

--these are all hand sewn and include patterns for:

--a CARDINAL on a branch (kate?...)

--a SQUIRREL holding an acorn (jen?...)

so far, that's it. if you want any or all of the studs, i'll mail em for free. the books are probably cheap to mail. just to find them a home, i'll pay for the stamps on those too.

why not?!

Guest Speed Racer

And for what it's worth, I have terrifying memories of the homemade Halloween costumes! My parents made me wear saddle shoes until I was 6 or so, and that was *not* becoming of the witch I was every year. Nor the first grade clown. :no I had a pretty rough childhood until they bought me some goddam Reeboks.

:lol i thought it was a good idea to dress as a skunk when i was 9. my mom made a great tail out of yarn, i wore a leotard of some kind...but the brilliance of the costume was lost on my class mates who made p-u! jokes all afternoon.

as an adult who wears saddle shoes, i am thinking that a grown un witch w/said shoes might be funny. kind of preppy...

but speed! think how bitchin you would look in a blue chambray shirt with a studded anchor on it!! you would look like a burbank retiree! BRILLIANT!

I would love a felt ornament pattern for a Cardinal! :w00t

A-HA!!

done and done.

you may need to xerox the squirrel bits for jen. :lol

yes! :dancing

my whole adult life I have been dreaming about acquiring a pair of chunky toed saddle shoes - like doc marten style. I bet something like this exists somewhere - though I am not very good about finding such things.

My mom made some stellar costumes when I was a kid. She didn't believe in the plastic sheet costumes that came with the masks. So, we'd buy the mask and then she'd sew a costume......we did the Pink Panther, Wonder Woman, Garfield (we made a huge paper mache head), a clown, a witch, and Princess Leia.

....and Evonne this is perfect - we got a fakey Christmas tree last year, and only have a handful of ornaments for it. So, I will make some with those patterns! YAY!

Guest Speed Racer
but speed! think how bitchin you would look in a blue chambray shirt with a studded anchor on it!! you would look like a burbank retiree! BRILLIANT!

A-HA!!

Geez, how big is it? If I could knit, I'd knit myself a seafoam sweater with a big frickin' slivery anchor dead center. :omg

they are about 8 inches tall. QUALITY nautical stuff, i'm telling you.

my current knitting dream project is a sweater with baseball sleeves adorned with a pint of beer on the chest.

:cheers

my whole adult life I have been dreaming about acquiring a pair of chunky toed saddle shoes - like doc marten style. I bet something like this exists somewhere - though I am not very good about finding such things.

composite.jpg?????

When I was in high school, I walked out of a bowling alley without returning the shoes, and they were my favorites for a solid year. I'm considering trying to replicate them with a pair of Fluevogs... although, at much greater expense. :lol

but without the smell of shoe sanitizer spray!

NEWS FLASH!!

JUST REMEMBERED:

--the non-anchor/rose shape studs come in HEARTS and STARS!

NEAT!!

UPDATE: there has been a taker for the rose and some shapeless stud bits!

just to recap:

still available are the stud formations in the shape of anchors, firework cascades (these would be great on jackets with padded shoulders 80's ladies!), and a newly discovered shape: GALAXIE SWIRL! (rose taker, if you'd like the new shape, let me know!)

also available: the singer home sewing book.

and now i need to put some pants on and get to work!

good monday, all! :coffee

What do you have in an iron-on small business loan?

these have been discontinued b/c when ironed-on, the small type just came out as a big blob of silver.

[quote name='sean