Fruit Bats - Eric Johnson solo gigs

SWEET!

Thanks for the info, Wendy. I was just on that site the other day and it seemed horribly out of date.

I just saw them in NYC w/ Amandin in April. Excellent show. I wish there were more bootlegs, like KCRW or whatnot.

I love the Fruit Bats, can't wait for more next year (or whenever).

I know of only 3 live show recordings, Jen has gotten them for me ...

Oct 22, 2005 - Trocadero, in Phily, PA

May 6, 2006 - Lakeshore Theatre, in Chicago, IL

May 7, 2006 - Schuba's, in Chicago, IL

I attended the show May 6 at Lakeshore Theatre, and there is some funny banter with EJ and the audience about The Smiths, as well as a cool cover of Incredible String Band's "The Hedgehog's Song" with Sam Jayne of Love Is Laughter.

And from the May 7th Schuba's show, there is a lovely cover of Neil Young's "Tell Me Why" :wub

ummmm hey wendy..wanna send that one along my way? didn't know you guys had that! that was a freaking incredible show...im keeping my fingers crossed for some midwest dates as well!

send a PM to Jen and ask her to burn you one for Friday :)

Mouthfuls next, and then Echolocation.

Although lately I appreciate Echolocation a lot more because all the Califone guys are present on it, since they were the ones who urged EJ to record his music in the first place on Perishable. And I'm in a Califone obsession right now, just saw them live for the first time (I ducked into the Empty Bottle at the last minute last weekend when up in Chicago for Riviera's CD release show with Healthy White Baby) -- and Califone was mind-blowing. I'm seeing them again in Cleveland.

But I like that kind of sound, whatever it is labelled. Percussion-driven experimental fractured folk pop? I don't know, but I like it. :thumbup

I would say Fruit Bats were pretty lucky to have run into those guys back in the day.