Going to NYC on vacation

I'll be in NYC on vacation from 11/28-12/5. Does anyone have any suggestions for stuff to do (i.e. shows to see, bars/restaurants to go to, sights to see)?

We really don't have a travel plan and are just planning to wing it. Let me know what you think.

MOMA's okay, but the real prize is the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

There's a Dylan exhibit at the Pierpont Morgan Library, which has been recently renovated.

Morgan Library

The best deal in NYC is the free RT ride on the Staten Island ferry from Battery Park.

Amazing view of the city, lots of action in the harbor (it's like a Richard Scarry book), takes

an hour, and its FREE!

Try the downtown stuff. Union Square and Washington Square Park.

White Horse Inn/Tavern I can't remember which but it was a hang out of Dylan Thomas.

Also, if you can find Chumley's downtown, that's a fun time. It was a prohibition era bar and it's entrance is just a non-descript door on the street. I can't remember the exact location but I'm sure it's on some citysearch type of site.

11/30 My Morning Jacket....Roseland Ballroom

12/1-12/2 Dinosaur Jr....Rebel

12/5 Ryan Adams.....Town Hall

If you into art at all, the Museum of Modern Art is newly renovated and awesome.

http://www.moma.org/

I had no idea Ryan was playing in NYC.... Thanks for the tip...just got tix to the 12/4 show. Wish he would update his website more...I would have bought tix when they went on sale..... Anyway I'm really excited to see Ryan when I'm out there! :D

Any additional suggestions would be great.

Long fucking line for that particular ride.

Actually, Knicks tickets are so uncoveted that the team had to run a fucking infomercial this year.