That kid that tried to kiss Tweedy seemed nice to me.

perhaps if the dude took a poo on stage, it would have been justified.

if a stranger comes up and grabs your head, the reaction is to push them or smack them away. :rolleyes

Jeff gave a pretty good explanation of the event at his solo show in Champaign a few days later.

Basically, the security at the show was a joke. It was held at a Shriner's temple, and according to Jeff they were more interested in hanging out at the bar than policing the show. So first this girl comes on stage and starts playing piano and no one gets her off. Later she's "convulsing on the ground" or something and in general just acting weird. Then, during "Airline to Heaven," this kid comes on stage. Jeff just expects him to do the usual "wooo! look at me!" and run back into the crowd, but he feels this kid move behind him. At this point he "had had it," and on any normal night he "probably would have let him fondle me" because he knew there'd be security guards on top of this guy quickly. But not this night. So when this kid comes up to him from behind and grabs his head, he quickly spun around in self defense and knocked the kid back.

"Next day, "TWEEDY ATTACKS FANS." That's everything wrong with America right there."

And wtf is with the "just as bad as Republicans" line? WTF do republicans have to do with this incident?