...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead

Haven't seen any comments here outside the few that popped up last month. Somebody had heard an early release and was not pleased.

Picked it up Tuesday and I am very pleased. These guys are stepping up to the plate very nicely.

I loved Source Tags and Codes, but skipped their last one. I may just get this one though. Heck, it's only 7.99 at Best Buy this week (so is the new Hold Steady album).

Why'd you skip WORLDS APART? An eclectic yet accessible work.

These guys are literate and can rock your fucking socks off.

Why'd you skip WORLDS APART? An eclectic yet accessible work.

Meh. I heard it once and was not impressed. ST&C was one of those albums I just picked up for the hell of it without knowing too much about the band. I just heard that it was a good record and it is. They're just seem to be one of those bands who will only have one good record though. I wasn't/am not a major fan of the band. Before I got it, I had a couple of mp3's but I own none of their other records (still don't). From what I've heard of this record though, it makes me want to give them another try.

If I really wanted worlds apart, I could pay a couple of bucks at the record stores here in town because they have a few hundred used copies it seems.

To me they will never regain that perfect mixture of danger and beauty they had on Madonna and Source Tags & Codes. These last 2 albums might pass as good for a band who hasn't already show how much potential they had. I really expected Trail of Dead to reach Sonic Youth levels until Worlds Apart came out. And with So Divided...I don't think theres any going back.