3rd time's a charm?

Let's see how the server handles the old 2.1 version again for a week or so. I thought i'd nailed down the cause of the problem, but it was still having issues, and the only thing that's changed since then on the entire server was the upgrade to 2.2.

I have all the posts from December archived, and i'll put up that URL in time, for a little while, but i'll probably take it down eventually, as it's still using the 2.2 code and might possibly cause the server to freak out, even if only a few people are browsing it.

I've tried to get the Invision people to help me, but they say it's our servers fault and not their software upgrade, but i'd beg to differ, so we'll stick it out with 2.1 and i'll combat the spammers another way.

oh yeah, i think i might have just kicked the spammers ass (the bot ones anyway) :)

0261.jpg

I can certainly live with this version. The only thing I miss is that the upgrade didn't insert the extra blank line at the top of quoted messages by default like this version does. Of course, if that's something that actually bothers me, I obviously need some other hobbies.

I can certainly live with this version. The only thing I miss is that the upgrade didn't insert the extra blank line at the top of quoted messages by default like this version does. Of course, if that's something that actually bothers me, I obviously need some other hobbies.

If you're really a freak about it, you can take that out (I usually do, because yeah, I'm really a freak about it). :D

I had to re-register today. I initially signed up around Christmas, and haven't logged in for about a week, and today when I did, I didn't exist. What happened?

forum software upgrade that wasn't being kind to our server :(

sadly there's no way to downgrade other than reverting back to a backup (thankfully i've got some pretty good ones now)

Others have said it better than I but thanks Kyle for the many hours you put in here - unpaid :)

Then again, the rest of us also spend countless hours here; also unpaid. Just more.... entertained, hopefully :lol

• 2 weeks later...