Yeah, I'm cool with the break. In fact, I think it would be smart if they hold off on touring until right after the album release...the longer they're out, the more exciting it'll be when they return to the stage.

And the better chance that we'll get to see a show that's radically different from the shows they've done the past 2 years.

But it doesn't sound like much of a break for new Dad John Stirrat (touring all of February and March). And Nels and Glenn will be all over the next month or so.

As for "finishing the album", don't you all think it's basically done? Tweedy and whoever's producing it are surely just refining it.

And as for the side projects....Tweedy's touring schedule is empty all of February and March. Mabye Loose Fur could play a few shows (one can dream).

As for "finishing the album", don't you all think it's basically done? Tweedy and whoever's producing it are surely just refining it.

this is true. I think it was mentioned in a wilcoworld e-mail or something like that.

And as for the side projects....Tweedy's touring schedule is empty all of February and March. Mabye Loose Fur could play a few shows (one can dream).

I wouldn't count on it

Well, they've gotta record an album!

No, they need to come to Australia.

good. they need to get off the road for a while, finish the album, work on some side projects, repair the cracks that are likely forming in their marriages, etc.

Yeah, I'm cool with the break. In fact, I think it would be smart if they hold off on touring until right after the album release...the longer they're out, the more exciting it'll be when they return to the stage... Maybe Loose Fur could play a few shows (one can dream).

:D

is that the one in february in melbourne?? seems a bit soon

dylan headlined that one in 2003

or the byron bay one in april?

http://www.bluesfest.com.au/playschedule.html

they arent listed yet but there seems to be more to be added

there's an announcement slated for bluesfest (easter at byron bay) for mid january, so i'm crossing my fingers and toes!

:dancing

and i'm with fritz - they've got to come to australia!

:D

I happen to know that Jeff Tweedy will be in the Chicago area on March 3rd.

Extrapolate from that what you will. ;)

lets all stand outside holding signs and yelling "lyke omgz its jeff tweedyz".

all joking aside, what are the chances if i stand behind the bijou like 2 hours before the show starts that i'd get to meet jeff? cause i waited behind the tennessee theatre when bob dylan came and got to see him but he wouldn't talk to me.

lets all stand outside holding signs and yelling "lyke omgz its jeff tweedyz".

all joking aside, what are the chances if i stand behind the bijou like 2 hours before the show starts that i'd get to meet jeff? cause i waited behind the tennessee theatre when bob dylan came and got to see him but he wouldn't talk to me.

did he have Baron (big burly bodyguard) with him?. you're lucky you didnt get pounded :lol

did he have Baron (big burly bodyguard) with him?. you're lucky you didnt get pounded :lol

haha no. there was a couple of guys standing there and i had talked to one for a while and he said he didn't think he'd be willing to say anything but i could stand there and watch him walk bye.

it was pretty crazy, i felt like one of those girls you saw freaking out over elvis or the beatles or the backstreet boys.