Enhanced EP Kamera - sounds at start

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know what pedal is used at the start of the song Kamera off the enhanced EP?

You mean the wierd noise stuff, or when the instruments actually kick in?

Cause the wierd noise sounds like some reversed instruments to me (maybe some keys/synth stuff), after that it's just fuzzy as hell distortion. Who knows what the actual pedal is...but it could be approximated with a lot of overdrives.

Some says it's heavily distorted bass, some say it's heavily distorted acoustic guitar.

In IATTBYH, Jeff was playing a distorted acoustic guitar while recording a take of the song. Accordingly, I've always assumed (correctly or incorrectly) that's what went onto the EP (not that particular take, but the set up). As for the "noise," well, I'm not quite sure on that. Probably a collection of reversed tracks and various and sundry feedback, distortion, etc. as suggested before. No clue what particular pedal Jeff ran the guitar signal through or what pedal(s) may have been used in the generation of the noise.

• 1 month later...